Can self-driving cars work in India?

Most of the developed countries are slowly making progress towards eliminating the human involvement in driving cars. The cars are being made smarter they they can take their own driving decisions to make you reach your destination safely. I began wondering if self-driving cars can really work in India?

There are unique challenges for self driving cars on Indian roads. While most of the highways are way more disciplined, the city roads are full of surprises. The lanes are not properly followed and so are the speed limits.

Navigating through such a traffic would mean that the speed of the self driving car will have to be completely under check and it will have to process a lot more data in real time. For example, if the signal is green and the self driving car is moving forward, it will have to keep check on the signal jumpers!

Do you think self driving cars can work in India?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do you think self driving cars can work in India?
    The problem has to do with the very large number of vehicles on the road. If a self driving bus can be deployed with a high frequency of operation many regular commuters will choose that in the place of individual transport, which will certainly help.
  • Rama Krishnan
    Rama Krishnan
    hi sir!!!!! in my opinion i would say ''no"
    having self driving cars in india is one of the devastating effects because
    1.road condition is not good in many places
    2. self driving cars is a programmed one and if any program is failed then it would lead to a critical situation

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Friend Now We will start a Discussion about Leak Test. basically helium is widely used as a tracer gas to leak test but it's too costly and non regeneratable....
ABSTRACT The objective of this project is to use our knowledge acquired in Mechanical Engineering by preparing Chainless bicycle by using Gear Tooth -Tooth mechanism. The purpose of using this...
Peter Gasca, entrepreneur and start up consultant says: "Last night, I experienced something rare and amazing. After two busy weeks that resulted in very limited rest, my body, which had...
Kasim Salih Electrical and Computer Engineering I am a student at CSU. I am currently taking Circuit Analysis and Digital Logic Design courses. My hobbies include reading novels and watching...
Long time ago (it was so long, that you’d probably won’t remember it), Apple had introduced the first mobile browser which was web standards compatible and we could open any...