Can one get the code in which C is written?

Where can 1 get the code of C compiler?

Replies

• priyadarshi
    priyadarshi
    (Not just C) where does the code of any language exist? Someone creates some lang.

First doubt- how.(its a question not a doubt)

- You can create you own language but you need to create one compiler/interpreter to understand that.

In which lang. Any?

- ofcourse any, but for that comipler needs to understand what the code means, if any one creates a language say english then compiler should understand english to convert it to Machine Code.

I think, after the lang is created, then the compiler/interpreter must be written. But how are the 2 linked?

- as said above compiler interpreter is needed to convert the High level language to Machine code.

How do the electrons behave in a way that they make the pixels darkened on screen (appearance of code), work according to our expectations????

- Every engineer knows that you must not be a exclusion. Whats the doubt

Compiler understands the lang. BUT who understands the compiler?

- compiler changes the HLL to LLL (Machine code). After that the machine understands that once invoked by loader.

HAVEN'T STUDIED COMPILERS YET.

- is it a Question? :-x if not please format it correctly
  • elric
    elric
    You can access the CVS repositories of GCC at gnu.org (exact url being GNU C Compiler - CVS Repositories [Savannah] )
    If you dont know how to use CVS (or make, for that matter) , you should probably learn that before trying to play around with a codebase as large as gcc 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear all, Good morning to everybody. I am very ahppy to join this fourm.I am a electrilal engineer working as a project Manager for a leading engineering firm.My nature of...
Hello! I want to know more about electronic engineering, so my computer show me this site. Suddenly i realise that really electronics is one of the best branch and when...
CEans, Want to switch your job? Want to know how much you're worth in the market? Want to know how much can you expect in your dream company? Want to...
hi.... i'm nirmal i doin my 4rth yr btech in kerala.in ece branch i dont know if i am as brilliant as you guys ..but i'm sure i'll try to...
Hi Guys, I just came across this link National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning(NPTel) Home where they are claiming that they will distribute the course material from the IIT and...