Can injection moulding dies be changed?

Hello friends,
I would like to know if it is possible to modify an existing die from injection moulding. For example, if I find an obsolete plastic product and like the basic design but, so that it meets my needs, it would need some modifications (eg a couple of different holes or different-shaped holes), can this be done? If I were to approach the factory in China that has the mould, would they be able to modify it for me and produce my product? Or would it be necessary for me to start again from scratch. Obviously, I would save a lot of money if I were able to modify an existing product. Thanks in advance for your replies.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Replies

• sumith123
    sumith123
    i think..
    its difficult to modify injection moulding dies
  • Deepak Waghmare
    Deepak Waghmare
    you can modify your moulds likewise you said for holes minor changes etc. For more info please send query on #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing my final year B-tech in information technology.currently my last minor project based on web design.so I am searching for a good minor project topic in web design.I...
hi friends, is it possible to make .gif file and .jpeg from applet ? if yes then how. . ๐Ÿ˜
Hello everyone, My name Stag, I leave in Chicago I like the crazyengineers forum what a nice forum with lots of knowledge and information. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Plastic Injection Molding
Can anyone give me a part ( mechanism) in an aircraft that has between 5-20 parts for a mechanical engineering project thanks -------------------------------------------------------------- Plastic Injection Molding
Hi CEians~ I've been looking throughout the internet for Dynamic Simulation tutrials but have failed to find 1. can anyone plz send me some links for me to learn more...