CAmpus based iptv project

hello all..Hope You all are fine..
I am doing my bachlrs in computer science and my final year is in progress..
I have selected "implementation of IPTV in department's offices and computer labs "as my final year project but not getting any solid help for my project..
if anyone knows about IPTv plzz guide me that how i can implementt my project, which devices will be used in my project?,Servers etc
thanks in advance

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good way to start would be to define what your project is supposed to do. Then start reading all the information you can about IPTV and figure out what all will your project implement.

If you've done it already, do share the information with us so that fellow engineers can offer help.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    #-Link-Snipped-# Do you need to multicast TV channels to the offices and computer labs via the network? Or do you need to do some sorta of Digital Signage system where announcements are displayed?
  • Stephen B Johnson
    Stephen B Johnson
    Get vlc and start streaming some content onto some multicast IPs, then join the streams from different devices. We have vlc running on a Beaglebone Black running ubuntu for some test streams from a centralized headend to remote destinations.

IPTV will use H.264 content. If you do not have access to the network equipment, then you might experience some issues if there's congestion. Usually you'd want to mark the video with QoS and have all the routers and switches configured so the video gets higher priority than the regular data queues.

I'm assuming that you're not planning on using STBs or some middleware for this. Minerva would be a simple middleware for a small IPTV project.

You have the content side (usually H.264 multicast streams). I'd recommend SPTS streams for simplicity. Then you have the control plane things like channel changes, guide, encryption, etc... Tackle these basics before even thinking about VOD or features that add complications and cost.
  • Imran Ashraf
    Imran Ashraf
    I would like to share project scenario with you all
    The project will be done in following steps
    -Getting Channels Throgh Dish Antenna
    -Using Headend and other evices to Throw these Channels to a Server
    -Providing Services to the Client(On client end a VLC player will be installed for accessing these channels)
    But Still i don't know that what devices should be used in the project
    How the project will tends to completion
    Except Linux which Server or application can be used as Server for Ease
    i will Wait for Your Response
    Thanks in Advance
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Perhaps this is something that you are looking for - #-Link-Snipped-#? Looks like it is also available on the Raspberry Pi - you can consider using that for your server to make a low-cost solution.
  • Imran Ashraf
    Imran Ashraf
    #-Link-Snipped-# Absolutely i need the same think you told.
    I need to multicast TV channels to the offices and computer labs via the network

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone! I need help on SVM(Support Vector Machine). I have to write VHDL code on this topic. Actually there is a project going on image recognition and identification so...
In a paper published in the journal Nature, a team of researchers from Ben-Gurion University, Israel and University of Georgia have demonstrated that it's possible to build 1000x smaller electronic...
Can anybody tell the statistical analysis of how many times tyre(two wheeler) get punctured in a year
Back in January NVIDIA had launched the DRIVE PX 2, the world's first in-car artificial intelligence supercomputer. Now it is planning to put it into use in building the first...
Dear CEans, Starting today, we will start releasing the list of projects and respective teams short-listed for round II of India's Best Academic Project. A new list will be released...