Calculation of quantities for a 10sft Room

guys i would like to know the exact step by step procedure for calculating quantities for cement,sand and coarse aggregate for a 10 sft room

Replies

• prashantgec7
    prashantgec7
    #-Link-Snipped-# do you the calculation detail of the foundation also ?
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    yeah i need the calculations for the foundation details too
  • prashantgec7
    prashantgec7
    is the foundation open type or pile type
  • prashantgec7
    prashantgec7
    the type of concrete which you are using?
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    its a pile foundation and the grade of concrete we are using is c60 grade concrete and the site is located in dubai
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can any one solve my issue here?
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can i at least get an answer to my question that i have posted it's really urgent for me here
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# What issue are you facing exactly? Could you tell us where you are stuck? Isn't the procedure available in your books?

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# here seeking help.
  • Tushar92
    Tushar92
    The way you posted this question is really vague. Since you just mentioned a room alone, we can't really perform the calculations for the foundation based on this.
    The room can be a load bearing structure consisting of foundation provided to the brick walls or it could be a framed structure with four columns on each corners supporting it and thus only these columns will require foundations.
    First of all, let's consider the places where you might require cement, sand or coarse aggregates:
    1) Roof made up of concrete.
    2) Column(If present).
    3) Cement-sand mortar for the brick walls.
    4) Concrete flooring if present or for mortar as a binding material for flooring.
    5) Concreting in foundation if framed or as mortar in foundation if it's a masonry type foundation.
    6) For plastering of walls.
    Now, the amount of cement, sand and coarse aggregates required for Roof(can be assumed as 150 mm) and columns will depend upon the concrete mix. Suppose it's M15 with 1:2:4 wix proportions. For 1 m3 of concreting work
    The cement= 1/(1+2+4)= 1/7 m3
    Sand= 2/7 m3
    Coarse aggregates= 4/7 m3
    Also, it is assumed that a 1 m2 and 1 brick or 230 mm thick brick wall requires 0.04 m3 mortar. You can accordingly find cement and sand requirement based on mortar mix as mentioned above.
    For plastering, you have to find the internal and external perimeters of the room and decide on the thickness of plastering required(12 mm or 24 mm are commonly used).
    Once you have the volume of plastering required, it's easy to calculate the cement sand requirements just as above.
    Do ask back if something is not clear.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    that's clear!!!
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can you explain this in depth.
  • Tushar92
    Tushar92
    What portion do you want me to explain in depth?
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i mean the basics and the standard procedures for sorting out the quantities.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can any one please help me in sorting out the quantities for this dwg? it's really urgent for me
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can any one please solve this????
  • Tushar92
    Tushar92
    I would have tried but I am just a fresher and don't know how to read structural drawings yet. Still, you seem to have the dimensions of the wall and roofs from the drawing. You can easily calculate concrete for that at least.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can you tell me how did you do that?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any recommendation for maximum distance betweem piles?
A team of researchers from National Taiwan University have been able to put the good old tear-inducing 'onion' to a a completely new use outside the culinary world. In that...
Most of us love Android but when it comes to users’ privacy, we come to know about its darker side. A team of security researchers from France’s Eurecom and Technicolor...
Name: Angel Dy *Engineering Trade: Civil Engineering Location: Philippines *Occupation: 4th year Civil Engineering Student Work Experience: Worked as a Private Math and English Tutor *Hobbies & Interests: Engineering, Engineering,...
I am a 4th year civil engineering student. I am not so sure what to do or where to go after my school days. I am planning to take an...