Calculating person and money

Hi guys,
I have a question plz solve it.
Some persons were going somewhere in a bus. They gave total 100 rupees to the conductor if conductor takes 5 rupees per gents, 1 rupee per ladies and 5 Paise pr child then if all passengers gave total 100 rupees to the conductor then how many passengers were travelling in the bus that time? Guys plz give me answer asap.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not sure if I'm reading this right but there will be a ton of solutions: For example:-

1. 1 Gents: 5 Rs.
    2. 90 Ladies: 1 Rs x 90 = Rs. 90
    3. 100 Kids: 5p x 100 = Rs. 5

OR

1. 18 Gents: Rs. 90
    2. 9 Ladies: Rs. 9
    3. 20 kids: Rs. 1

😨
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Exactly my point. There can be hundreds of solutions.

Here is one -

18 Gents -> 18 x Rs. 5 = Rs. 90
    9 Ladies -> 9 x Rs. 1 = Rs. 9
    20 Kids -> 20 x 5 Paisa = Rs. 1
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ankita Katdare
    There can be hundreds of solutions.
    Not really. If the total number of passengers in a bus load is specified and the bus is full. If this is done, then interesting solutions can emerge.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    A.V.Ramani
    Not really. If the total number of passengers in a bus load is specified and the bus is full. If this is done, then interesting solutions can emerge.
    Even if the bus is allotted a capacity and is full, we still have under-constrained the problem, n(equations) != n(variables). For a unique solution, we need another relation (women = 2*men, etc)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So in 2013 I read about a project that was being researched by Nokia in the UK. They said they were going to create a MEMS chip that in theory...
Gadgets are precious and Xiaomi has promised to insure your Mi-Devices viz. The Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi 4i, 4 and Mi Pad against all the thinkable damages. These...
If you are a fan of virtual reality games, the launch of Oculus powered Samsung Gear VR Consumer Edition will only make you ecstatic. The VR gear is now available...
Simply use the 'links' to embed stuff. For example, I just copied the tweet link in my post which normally would look like https://twitter.com/CrazyEngineers/status/663769375665618944; now will look like - So...
CrazyEngineers has built a very popular and successful blog 'VoiCE' over last half a decade. Thousands of readers flock our website every day to read news related to technology, gadgets,...