C++ on uBuntu : fatal error:library iostream.h not found

hi...when i write a simple hello c++ program and executed in ubuntu13.0 its showing fatal error:library iostream.h not found like dat..wen i tried to install g++compiler using apt get command its showing something like these packages are not existed..now what should i do???i want to execute c++ programs???can anyone tell what is the problem nd what i should do for it??

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    That's because GNU GCC-C++ (aka g++) doesn't accept "iostream.h" syntax.
    Just use
  • madhuri thalluri
    madhuri thalluri
    Abhishek Rawal
    That's because GNU GCC-C++ (aka g++) doesn't accept "iostream.h" syntax.
    Just use
    sryy abhishek...i tried it..but its showing error that "cout is not in the scope of int main()"...
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    madhuri thalluri
    sryy abhishek...i tried it..but its showing error that "cout is not in the scope of int main()"...
    add this line
    using namespace std;
    below [HASHTAG]#include[/HASHTAG]

It should look something like
    #include 
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    cout << "CrazyEngineers";
    }
    If this too fails, then you might've made some mistake in installing compiler.
    Re-installing libstdc++-dev and g++-multilib can fix it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Salam, Hello Dear CEs I am looking for a collage provides Master degree in Telecom Engineering ( ONLINE ) with affordable tuition fees. I already search in google but I...
I have an idea for open e commerce company for only promoting Advertisement. I need details and future about this business, how is market, how to open this business.
Lava Mobiles has unveiled a new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS running tablet in India called the 'Lave IvoryS'. The tablet features a 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT8312 processor and...
A team of neuroscience researchers from Newcastle University have developed what are being called the world's tiniest "3D glasses". The research team has been trying to understand 3D vision among...
Japanese car maker, Nissan has developed a super hydrophobic (water repelling) and oleophobic (oil repelling) nano paint that promises to make car washing a thing of past. The paint refuses...