C-CAT form filling mistake

I have applied for C-CAT Entrance examination that is to be held on 13 December 2015, However I have paid fee for A+B+C section.
will that give me ranking for A , A+B , A+B+C separately.
would i be have 3 different ranks or just 1 or 2 ranks.
PS : I am an electronics student actually wanted to do PGDAC, But filled Application form for all the Sections.
I thought about giving a shot to see whether i can get VLSI/Embedded.
however i have made my mind for PGDAC.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# @[Prototype] Please him out.
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Not a problem at all , courses are divided as per the sections ,if you are applying for some course in section B (PGDAC) ,you will be judged on the ranking of a+b,and do only course in which you are really interested.
  • swati kadam
    swati kadam
    Monster111
    I have applied for C-CAT Entrance examination that is to be held on 13 December 2015, However I have paid fee for A+B+C section.
    will that give me ranking for A , A+B , A+B+C separately.
    would i be have 3 different ranks or just 1 or 2 ranks.
    PS : I am an electronics student actually wanted to do PGDAC, But filled Application form for all the Sections.
    I thought about giving a shot to see whether i can get VLSI/Embedded.
    however i have made my mind for PGDAC.
    No problem if you have filled the form for all options. You must have got your result with different ranking section wise .So don't hurry in filling the form ,decide which course you want and fill the options for institute accordingly.Just to remind that you cannot change the options once filled and submitted.
  • kunalbhattacharya
    kunalbhattacharya
    I have a doubt regarding the selection of courses. The above replies contradict what is stated in the C-DAC PG Diploma Admission Booklet.

This is what it says: "During both the counselling sessions, candidates will be permitted to give preferences for only those courses belonging to the category they had selected in the C-CAT application form. However, a candidate can give as many preferences of training centres and courses belonging to the applied C-CAT category." (Section 12)

Can you please clarify whether we can apply for Category I and II courses, in case we have selected Category III in our application forms for the C-CAT?
  • Aakash Gupta
    Aakash Gupta
    kunalbhattacharya
    I have a doubt regarding the selection of courses. The above replies contradict what is stated in the C-DAC PG Diploma Admission Booklet.

This is what it says: "During both the counselling sessions, candidates will be permitted to give preferences for only those courses belonging to the category they had selected in the C-CAT application form. However, a candidate can give as many preferences of training centres and courses belonging to the applied C-CAT category." (Section 12)

Can you please clarify whether we can apply for Category I and II courses, in case we have selected Category III in our application forms for the C-CAT?
    yes, U are eligible to do all 10 courses. (seats depends on ur rank)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Engineers, Graduated in 2014 still confused what to do presently working as a phone banking officer which I want to resign as early as possible SO I request you...
I come from an ece background, but i love coding. So after my B.tech I have joined CDAC Kolkata (Thank you Kaustub Sir and Crazy Engineers Forum for Guiding me)...
Micromax has launched yet another mid-budget smartphone in its Canvas Series with Pace 4G Q416. In this day and age, when speed is all that we are after, Micromax has...
Reliance Jio will showcase its upcoming Jio Money and the Jio Chat service at the eIndia summit today in Mumbai. Reliance plans to let the attendees experience their high speed...
iPhone wants to be thinner and that demands sacrificing of the age-old, trustworthy 3.5mm headphone jack. The rumour that's making a buzz on the Internet originates from Macotakara, a Japanese...