Building Engineering

Stuck on an exam question and its holidays to I can't contact teachers so please help me out people.

"Background

This piece of coursework covers 100% of the marks for the entire EG6119 Building Engineering module. The word count for this assignment is in the region of 3000 words in addition to Appendices and labelled diagrams / sketches.

Planning permission has been granted for a scheme which includes a two storey rear extension with additional first floor accommodation to the side, plus internal alterations to the existing rooms of the house:

1. Ground floor – enlarged kitchen-diner; new living room; new GF WC/shower/utility; new integral store;

2. First floor – new master bedroom with en-suite; additional new front/side bedroom; new en-suite to front bedroom and refurbished bathroom;

3. External works – new patio

Task One (65 Marks): The client requires a ground and first floor lateral extension to the building and has provided you with an outline brief in the form of a sketches of the proposed extension (Appendix 2 attached).

Illustrate in a report format how both this task can be can be achieved by providing the following detailed information:

a) What statutory bodies need to be notified of the demolition of the existing garage? What format will the notification take? Additionally provide a method statement for the demolition."

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Civil Jim
    a) What statutory bodies need to be notified of the demolition of the existing garage? What format will the notification take? Additionally provide a method statement for the demolition."
    This varies from country to country. There can be additional restrictions on noise emission if this has to be done in noise level regulated areas like hospitals and such.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to studying solid work automobile designe software and how to start up my career in design field.....??
What about DTDM DIPLOMA careers.
Apart from unveiling the Project Tango and Google Daydream enabled ZenFone AR smartphone, ASUS took the covers off its new photography-centric smartphone, the ZenFone 3 Zoom at the ongoing CES...
We all have that one well-off friend whose multi-monitor gaming rig we all envy but soon you will be able to have your own portable gaming rig with three monitors...
With a bag full of fresh new-year wishes and tech products, CES 2017, the truly global consumer electronics trade show stands just some feet above our expectation. Today, your smartphone...