Building a web browser from scratch

I'm wondering whether we have any CEans who are considering building an Internet browser from scratch on their own.

Its not an easy task, for sure. What's involved in building it from scratch?

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Well it is not a easy task to do 😕
    Using Visual studio C# Express we can able to do this
    Once use the C# Express WebBrowser control, then Need to develop MenuStrip ,Buttons, Textboxes, TabControl for new web page(new tab), ComboBox for Favorites

Need to think on these point

-Fetches external content

- autocompleting URLs

-Handles different content types

-Parses HTML and XML

-Parses and applies CSS

Also need to learn all about the tcp/ip and http

It's a huge project.☕

hey nice thread(point) keep this thread alive 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does it involve building a JavaScript rendering engine?
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    yes,it is very important for css, XML, HTML,image files
    we can use Trident,Gecko or Webkit
    - Chrome is that the former utilizes the Webkit rendering engine whilst the latter uses the Gecko rendering engine
    - Trident is engine from Internet Explorer
    - Mozilla-Gecko
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Visual Studio C# Express would be great to use, since its free. Its probably worth a shot?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, I am designing my own website and confused about which CMS to use for eg. Drupal or Joomla. Please advice. thnx
😕 int main() { int fun(); printf("%d",fun()); getch(); return 0; } fun(){ return 011; }
Folks, check out this wonderful article by Kartik Varma, Founder of to iTrust Financial Advisors. - 5 personal finance mistakes that first time entrepreneurs must avoid Lot of it makes...
hi these are some questions which i and my friend faced today in our lab.. 1) what is the difference b/w PI and PID? 2) what is the practical application...
hi, i wanted to know how good is the scope of learning robotics in India? I've found out that the NSU and NTU in Singapore has a course in Robotics...