BRTS security system

Have anyone travelled in brts..? I want to develop a brts security system during ticket buying.Can anyone give me smart idea for developing security system for this..?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Rashmi Yadav
    Have anyone travelled in brts..? I want to develop a brts security system during ticket buying.Can anyone give me smart idea for developing security system for this..?
    Which security system you are talking about ? Can you elaborate please ?
    I live in Ahmedabad & I do travel in BRTS a lot. Would like to know which security system you're referring to.
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    can i explain it in hindi language..?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Rashmi Yadav
    can i explain it in hindi language..?
    Sorry. We don't allow anything but English. I have sent you a PM, explain me in your native language there & I will post it here after translating it 😀
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    ok i asked that becoz i can not explain it in english very well but i will try.
    in our brts system passenger first have to buy a ticket. then when passenger reach on his destination station it gives its paper ticket to the security guard.
    But it is very hard for guard to check all the passenger ticket and he make mistake many time.Often many guards do not check tickets.So many passenger travell in brts for free.This is the major problem for brts.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Gotcha!
    What kind of system you're planning to develop to avoid this glitch ? An overview might help us to suggest better idea. Do you have any idea ?
    ( You can be reason why these security guards may get unemployed in future, just kidding)
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    I want to develop a system in which it includes when a passenger buys a ticket the his source & destination & a unique captcha for that passenger should be stored on source station .then and then the passenger is allowed to take ticket.and then this database for that passenger should be sent to his destination station before he reachs on destination.and when he reachs on destination station he have to give his ticket to laser scanner if his database entry matches to database which is send to destination then and then it should say "go" otherwise it should say"stop".
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# To me, fetching captcha and transmitting to destination station & then verifying, it looks mammoth task to me where thousands of passengers are travelling at a time. There are simpler ways which we can think about.
    But that's just me, If you have faith in your project, CE members will surely help you out in the progress.
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    can you tell me who are the ce members here..?But they will have no idea about brts. to solve this problem first you should have to travell in brts for solving this problem.

#-Link-Snipped-# Can you help me out, Sir ?
  • lal
    lal
    *knock*
    A little explanation about BRTS will be very much welcome 😁
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    lal
    *knock*
    but how..?
  • lal
    lal
    I was trying to request a short explanation about BRTS. That would let people who do not know about it also be interested in the discussion.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    lal
    *knock*
    BRTS is nothing but a special city bus service. from this link you will get clear idea #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# As I remember they also have RFID reader in each station so I think it would be better if we can improve that part and make some handy reader which guard can use.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# As I remember they also have RFID reader in each station so I think it would be better if we can improve that part and make some handy reader which guard can use.
    Yup there is (for regular traveller's pass), but OP wants to develop system for passengers who don't travel regularly. Something better than Paper tickets she wants, I guess.
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    what is rfid system..?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Rashmi Yadav
    what is rfid system..?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    can we develop rfid system for passengers who buy paper ticket..?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rashmi Yadav
    can we develop rfid system for passengers who buy paper ticket..?
    Yeah ! That was what I am suggesting instead of paper ticket if they provide you RFID token and you must have to use that token if you want to get out of the station.
    Something similar to Delhi Metro. You must have to keep the token if you want to go out of station. This will simply solve the issue.
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    Harshad Italiya
    Yeah ! That was what I am suggesting instead of paper ticket if they provide you RFID token and you must have to use that token if you want to get out of the station.
    Something similar to Delhi Metro. You must have to keep the token if you want to go out of station. This will simply solve the issue.
    what if lots of passenger comes out to destination..?. the rfid system will hang..which is drawback of rfid system.
    And when passenger comes out to destination the human interaction should minimum as possible and less time consuming.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rashmi Yadav
    what if lots of passenger comes out to destination..?. the rfid system will hang..which is drawback of rfid system.
    And when passenger comes out to destination the human interaction should minimum as possible and less time consuming.
    No it will not if passengers are going out in queue and RFID will read the token one by one only.
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    Thats is the problem .people will not accept to go in a queue.it is time consuming.
  • lal
    lal
    There can be many queues. For instance, seven queues to exit, with each queue having one scanner each. That solves the 'rush' part.
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    No, there is not enough space to have 7 queue .there is space to have only one queue becoz brts station is between road.
  • Rashmi Yadav
    Rashmi Yadav
    have anyone any idea to solve this problem..?😔
  • lal
    lal
    Can scanning of RFIDs be carried out in the bus itself, while on transit.

Or, can multiple scanners be placed on either sides of a queue instead of placing only one at the end.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, My name is Shubham Gautam from Galgotia university 4th year. Interested in football and passionate about electronics and communication engineering. Expecting a great time at CE
Can anyone suggest me any good project on java..?
The Search Engine will give results on our own preference
Can we develop a system in our device(almost mobile phone) which will charge the battery of the device from other device like other phones and laptops and tv without any...
Linus Torvalds : ​Greg Kroah-Hartman : ​Steve Rostedt : ​