Breeze - The Palm-Sized, Wireless Breathometer Launched At $99.99

Breathometer, a US-based startup company founded by Charles Michael Yim in 2012, has launched a wireless and portable breathalyzer called “Breeze”. Unlike traditional breathalyzers, Breeze is a device that not only measures the user’s blood alcohol content but also estimates the time a user will take to metabolize alcohol or ‘Back to Zero’ in terms of intoxication level. This device thus then becomes an indispensable one for those regular drinkers who don’t want to get into trouble with police officers. The eye-catching feature of this device is its size (57mm x 48mm x 15mm), which can easily fit into your palm. Breeze is equipped with a next generation electro-chemical fuel cell sensor so that it can provide accurate and precise blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels.

Clip

Now, let’s see how Breeze works wirelessly. Breeze is easy to use, for that all you need to do is to follow simple steps for connecting it to your iOS or android devices. It will work with selective iOS devices having iOS 7 and above (iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6+, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5th Gen and above) and android devices (Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S5) working on android version 4.3 and above. Before connecting Breeze with smartphone via Bluetooth, you need to launch the Breathometer App (available on #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#) and turn on the Breeze by using a small button which is present at the bottom. After the connection is established, follow the instructions on the app. When you want to check the alcohol content, make sure that 20 minutes are completed after your last drink and then blow into the Breeze for 5 seconds. After that, you will get the results on your smartphone.

result

The device weighs 0.97 oz and can be clipped on your clothes or can be attached to your keychain. You can also simply carry it in your pocket. It works on 2030 Coin Cell battery for daily use up to 16-18 months and is available for $ 99.99 at #-Link-Snipped-# site. What are your thoughts about this inexpensive, handy breathalyzer? Do share with us in the comment section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Beautiful piece of innovation!!!
    i like the battery backup and considered the fact that it may not be used extensively( high frequency per day) it was highly reliable and a good gift for a dearer one

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've a new official data transmission record, an unthinkable 255 Terabits per second; about 21x more than what's available in the communication networks across the world. It's been just a...
The engineering team at CPI aka Centre For Progress Innovation have been developing a windowless aircraft that will replace the insides of the planes with giant OLED screens. These screens...
Remember the school days when picking up paper bits using static electricity was among the primary uses of your plastic ruler? A startup by the name of Grabit Inc. has...
I am a ME applied electronics graduate of 2013, from a private engineering college, tamilnadu. I got a job as assistant professor in some other college in tamilnadu. I resigned...
Can Crazyengineers be hacked?