Breakthrough 3D Printing by continuous liquid interface production (CLIP)

Quote: To watch a demonstration of the latest ‘breakthrough’ additive manufacturing technology is to invite a reasonable doubt: could this be an elaborate April Fools? Before your very eyes a geodesic sphere is drawn magically from a pool of resin, like the sword from the stone, in one smooth motion. It is indeed April 1, the commercial launch date of the M1, an additive manufacturing machine made by Carbon, a startup company based in Redwood City, California.

As the last few drops of resin fall away from the sphere, we are told it has the mechanical properties and the surface finish of an injection-moulded part, but is far too complicated to be injection moulded. So how is it done? What’s the catch? There is no part handling, no re-dipping, no repetition or layering of any kind. It looks like a miracle. Endquote
www.advancedmanufacturing.co.uk

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Known for their capability to learn and perform, nowadays robots are reaching a culmination point where the humanoids will be able to do everything a human does. In the last...
Quote: While anyone who works with electricity quickly develops a healthy respect for anything that could possibly be live, even the best of us can make uncharacteristic mistakes when pushed...
Commuting has become all sorts of cool in the past few days, with so many innovative driving devices coming into the market. I still prefer the conventional bike for everyday...
After bringing features like an inbuilt ad-blocker and free unlimited VPN, Opera has launched yet another feature to compete with its rivals Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Opera has added...
Name- Amit Kumar Jha Department-Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Year-Currently in my 3rd year Aim to achieve- Not applicable -I am not an arrow -I like to travel in the...