Breaking News: Facebook & Instagram Are Down

Facebook and Instagram have gone down. No idea what has caused this but we will be back with updates. Other users are requested to corroborate this fact.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes. Both services are down. Just checked. The last time when Facebook went down was back in September, when the social network was down twice that month.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Update: 12:39pm
    I can confirm the web versions of both the websites are down. The Windows app versions are working fine though. Can anyone confirm if the same if happening on Android and iOS?
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Update: 12:41pm
    Services of both Facebook and Instagram have been restored.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Update 12:44 pm
    Even though both websites were offline for a couple of minutes, their downtimes attracted a lot of hue and cry from users on Twitter. As you can see, [HASHTAG]#FacebookDown[/HASHTAG] is the number one trend in India
    Untitled
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Update: 12:51pm

The websites were taken down by the usual suspects, the Lizard Squad. They have claimed responsibility of taking down Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, AIM, Hipchat and My Space. They said that they did not do the same to Twitter as they were using it to communicate news about their achievements.

Lizard
    Lizard 2

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Lets throw in some humour in this development:
    Humour

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'd not believe in rumours but this one comes from Forbes: According to journalist Robert Cringely, IBM is going to mass fire about 26% of its total employee base. If...
Hi friends .. i m rehman , b.tech ece passout 2014 with 68% and got seat in PG DESD CDAC HYD. In my B.tech course i got credits 0 in...
The Japanese manufacturer Toyota started manufacturing the Toyota Etios for the Indian automotive market since 2010. The Etios is a four door car and comes in the form of a...
Every year a new Engineering batch starts, I get a shock when I hear, the fees of my college is increased by at least 15-20K per year. In fact, this...
This time around the Blackberry boys have launched 50 new limited edition smartphones for those among us who love to stand out from the crowd. Launched in September last year,...