Break disc problem in my pulsar bike

Guys,

I have a problem with my bike front disc. The problem is, when i applied the brake my bike stop instantly, but after release the brake i gave the accelerator. but it doesnot move for a minute.

I hope its a problem with the pad and disc. ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜”. For the past 3 months i didn't applied the front brake.

please help me to get away from this problem.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : So I think the pads are jamming on the disc? Did you try checking the brake pads?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The problem is with the brake pads they are not recoiling as it should

Check it and also try to see if your brake cable is working good
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    yeah i did. but no one gave me a permanent solution.
    i think the better option is i have to replace the complete set. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not familiar with the recoil assembly of the bikes. I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-# . Let's see if he has any suggestions.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Conqueror
    The problem is with the brake pads they are not recoiling as it should

Check it and also try to see if your brake cable is working good
    Can you elaborate, what is recoiling??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The relaxing of brake pad once it is applied recoiling nothing Special

Sorry for my language
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Conqueror
    The relaxing of brake pad once it is applied recoiling nothing Special

Sorry for my language
    cool, i too think so
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Hey its the spring which has malfunctioned.

i dont have much knowledge about the anatomy of motorbikes, but from the basic knowledge which i have , i can say that there is a kind of spring or spring like device, which retracts the brake pads, once you release the brake lever.

this device material must have lost its elasticity, when you applied the brakes with full force.
    most probably you will have to get this replaced. check with your mechanic or the service station.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    zaveri
    Hey its the spring which has malfunctioned.

i dont have much knowledge about the anatomy of motorbikes, but from the basic knowledge which i have , i can say that there is a kind of spring or spring like device, which retracts the brake pads, once you release the brake lever.

this device material must have lost its elasticity, when you applied the brakes with full force.
    most probably you will have to get this replaced. check with your mechanic or the service station.
    Thank you, Here No one resolved the problem.
    I will ask my mechanic regarding this springs. I hope he dont know anything.๐Ÿ˜€. Here these guys are always learning from my bike..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Check the brake oil generally that is called disc oil. Then check if the disk is jammed. Just pour some oil (coconut oil ) on the disc.. turn the wheel and check if the brake is working as desired. Then there will be a screw near the handle that should be optimally adjusted.

Check the above things ๐Ÿ˜€ hope your issue gets resolved.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    English-Scared
    Check the brake oil generally that is called disc oil. Then check if the disk is jammed. Just pour some oil (coconut oil ) on the disc.. turn the wheel and check if the brake is working as desired. Then there will be a screw near the handle that should be optimally adjusted.

Check the above things ๐Ÿ˜€ hope your issue gets resolved.
    will check & try.. thank you
  • lal
    lal
    Ow wait! It is a disc brake right. Is there a screw at the handle for disc brake? I haven't seen it. I don't think so. It has got to do something with the calipers I guess. I don't think the coconut oil thing should be used. Check if the brake pads have worn beyond the permissible limit. Check for rust. And the brake fluid level. Again, I guess the calipper has somehow lost its smooth motion for not using it for three months. Could be rust again. It is better to take it to an authorised mechanic.
  • lal
    lal
    Oh, Gosh! I just discovered the adjusting screw near the handle ๐Ÿ˜ Never knew one even existed. Thanks ES for pointing that out!
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Can any point out? where is that adjustable screw?. Really this will able be solve my problem.[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal
    Oh, Gosh! I just discovered the adjusting screw near the handle ๐Ÿ˜ Never knew one even existed. Thanks ES for pointing that out!
    Click a photo, please! I'd like to know as well ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    :update:
    There are no adjusting screws. The thing I mistook as screw yesterday was the piston at the liver which was covered by a rubber cover. I managed to look under the cover to discover only a piston connected to the liver!

And another vital information: disc brakes are self adjusting!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oh!really? I have it for my bike. 2006 model 150 cc.

I usually repair my bike completely , even cleaning carburator etc.. I think you mistook it to a screw I dont know what it is called , but that can be adjusted.. I will post the picture of my bike.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    English-Scared
    Oh!really? I have it for my bike. 2006 model 150 cc.

I usually repair my bike completely , even cleaning carburator etc.. I think you mistook it to a screw I dont know what it is called , but that can be adjusted.. I will post the picture of my bike.
    yeah sure ES. you can upload it. I think its a problem with that return spring which is shown in my previous thread. I will check with my bike
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

so then what are developments with your bike lately ? got the brakes fixed ?
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

so then what are developments with your bike lately ? got the brakes fixed ?
    Not yet. Engaged with some other works. Will check @ week end
  • Pulsar135
    Pulsar135
    I too have similar or same problem.. can some one tell me how to fix this
  • Pulsar135
    Pulsar135
    I have same or similar problem. If use the front brakes it wont free again.. after pressing the 2-3 times it releases the brake.
    Can some tell me is the problem got fixed. So that I can try the same
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Much happy to see this thread is still active even I sold my pulsar bike two years back. Answer to your question.

During that issue. I approached one street side mechanic. He dismantled the complete set, drained all the brake fluid from the tube. Later he cleaned the complete set with the washing powder. Dried under the hot sun for half day. Later he installed the parts and filled with new brake fluid. That's over.

After that everything was fine.
    Funny part was I approached Bajaj SC for this they quote Rs.3500/-. This guy done everything within Rs.35/-.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey,โ€‹So I was planning to learn the Banking Process (the basics) and need a new Bank Account for LONG-TERM use.โ€‹I know how to make online transactions and use DC/CC online.โ€‹Have...
Seems like 4K Technology is already getting the attention, but still there's some time left before it hits the mainstream market as they need to work on the pricing sector....
India's leading Direct To Home (DTH) service provider, Tata Sky has partnereed with Broadom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM) to offer MPEG-4 capable set top boxes all over India. The move will...
Sir Please suggest me some new ideas for B.Tech major Project.I am really very interested in programming.Please suggest some innovative ideas which can be implemented by using C# .net. I...
Rust is the compiled system programming language designed for safe, concurrent & performance programming.The primary objective of the rust language is to ease the creation of heavy client-server application.The veteran...