BPG Is Out : Outperforms JPEG In Terms Of Quality & Filesize!

BPG abbreviated as Better Portable Graphics is new image format with sole purpose to replace JPEG.

Here's the BPG/JPEG Comparison : BPG/JPEG comparison on the Lena picture
Here is one image comparison for lazyass people.
snapshot19

Read more in details about BPG : BPG Image format

In CE we have discussed about MozJPEG, another JPEG replacement : How To Install Mozjpeg 2.0, Improved JPEG Encoding Library.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    As per first look it feels better image on BPG but from comparison and pixel peeking. JPEG looks pixelated but have more detail. See the following result.
    BPG Image Comparison
    BPG looks like, softening the nearby pixels to match one.
    I could be wrong but it seems to me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've had a hot discussion about TCS Layoffs. I was discussing general hiring polities adopted by companies with a senior official from the industry and what he had to say...
National Security Agency also known as NSA, the US intelligence agency has been a hot topic of discussion after former member Edward Snowden revealed its dark side. An archive of...
One of the large diversified Indian companies, Videocon has launched a new small budget dual SIM smartphone called Infinium Z45 Nova at maximum retail price of Rs 6,799. However, the...
Today when people across the world tried to access to micro-blogging site Twitter they encountered some strange problems. The Twitter for Android app was logging out users automatically and it...