Book recommendations for C++ with Code & Explanation

I am an beginer in software programming.I want to become an expert programmer.
But i am not confident enough to write code for basic programs like swaping/reverse/palindrome/Fibanocci Series/Arrays/stringcpy/string reversal /memmory mgmnt etc in c/c++.I know that i need to make thorough loops/nested loop and data structures and other important concepts. Kindly advise some good books and websites and books which contains only programs and its code explanations (in c/c++) . Your kind reply is highly appreciated I have failed in many interviews because , the interviewers asked me to write above programs and i couldn't.Please advise how should i learn and how can i be a strong programmer with mastering all the logics/concepts of c/c++ & data structures.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    If you want to learn basics, Let Us C by Yashwant Kanitkar is great book. For C++, try balaguruswamy. For data structures, I prefer Tanenbaum, though this book has a different approach, but its quite effective.
  • Vineethkumar
    Vineethkumar
    Thanks a lot for your kind reply..But also i need some book or website which has only programs(with logic & code explained),i hope which may be more easier for me to be strong in c/c++..
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Try Turbo and ANSI C by Ashok Kamthane. This particular book has a lot of examples and believe me, at one point, you will think its too much!
  • Vineethkumar
    Vineethkumar
    thank u.you know any website where u vl get this book free
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Well, that you have to search for yourself. No piracy...😀 You can buy it, its not that costly...😀
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I would go with Pensu for a quick fix, but in long run it wont help much.
    study from standard books, also I shall suggest you to code using standard compilers (Turbo C is useless and it does use some libraries which arent standard C or C++).

Try programing patterns using for loop.
    You can aswell refer the tutorial for C beginners(Many things are covered and planning to restart writing from where I left).

We can help others from this community as well, post down what programs you want and how you approached them, how and where did they fail(these might help us to identify pitfalls and traps), how did you thought about them, some practical usage if any.
    we can form some kind of database which holds all these information and can be used for the future reference.

Let us know if you are content from this thread.
  • Vineethkumar
    Vineethkumar
    Thank u.... is programing patterns using for loop a book ??i tried in google no correspondances are showing..Can u provide the correct book name and author name to search and let me download.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Vineethkumar
    Thank u.... is programing patterns using for loop a book ??i tried in google no correspondances are showing..Can u provide the correct book name and author name to search and let me download.
    No its not a book, rather a very generic problem
    eg:

Some patterns like this. They are generally printed using nested for loops,
    check this link, where in you have some of exercises:
    For loop to make patterns

Try to find the reverse of an array,prime numbers,gcd,lcm, sin(x),cos(x),
    permutations combination palindromes and the list is never ending but this is where you can start off
    such problems are not C++ specific, but are tackled by algorithms, take small size input n, and see whether you can execute these algorithms by hand using pencil and paper.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any device avilable to store power in mega watts ???
How to make a robot that sens any other robot near itself nd kick it of 2m away
We're just few minutes away from Apple's launch event and it seems that Apple is all set to announce the next line of Mac minis at the event along with...
can someone please help me how to carry out a project in a company? whom should i contact,what project should i do? please help me out
I am sure you all have heard about Quora. The site was launched more than a year ago and has quite a big fan following now a days. They have...