BOINC App Uses Your Android Power For Science Projects

If you've ever wanted to be a part of a kick ass science project but lacked the intelligence & required credentials, worry no more. BOINC aka Berkeley Open Infrastructure For Network Computing) app will let you participate in the research project without you doing any physical or brainy work. According to a press release, every android smartphone user will have a chance to participate in important scientific research project by donating phone's idle computing power to some serious number crunching. This could lead to breakthroughs in medical sciences to discovery of new stars. Well, you won't get nominated for any prize but you surely can tell your grandkids about how you made a dent in the Universe.

boincappandroid

The BOINC app has been specially designed by the Berkeley research team. The BOINC project supports over 50 volunteer computing projects around the world including Einstein@Home and FightAIDS@Home. The App will tap into your phone's processing power that is not being used and perform some calculation and data analysis; eliminating the need of a dedicated supercomputer.

The App's available in the Google Play Store (link below). Your phone must have Android 2.3+ for the app to work. BOINC creator David Anderson says that with over a billion Android devices, the overall computing power exceeds that of the largest conventional supercomputer.

If you volunteer to install the BOINC App, do let us know. It's never too late to start contributing to science and changing the world. We know you can do it!

Download: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hard cover/Paper back books or soft and easy to carry e-books? What would you prefer in this modern era? My Case: I've a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and it has...
ARES system has come up with a novel way to store electrical energy with variable availability like wind, tide and solar. Heavy rail cars equipped with regenerative braking generators are...
I am a pedestrian or a passenger. My admiration of bikes is academic regarding their engineering. Here is an new kid on the block with 33 kmpl mileage (kilometerage!) powered...
Look at what makes the low cost, no frills black only NOKIA 105 tick. Phone on a Chip. https://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/216/video-teardown-what-s-inside-nokia-s-20-phone
It has happened. The Humble SIM Card Has Finally Been Hacked. Billions of phones at risk. Scare mongering or a real threat? https://www.extremetech.com/computin...ign=Feed:+ziffdavis/extremetech+(Extremetech)