BLUETOOTH MESSAGE SERVICE (BMS) FOR ELECTRICITY USAGE FOR ANDROID APPLICATION

Project Abstract / Summary : Bluetooth Message Service (BMS) is the technology of automatically collecting the data from energy meter devices via LM393 light sensor which is programmed to count the number of pulses and also to send the data to HC-05 with the help of arduino microcontroller. The Bluetooth (HC-05) chip stores the data in flash memory and then transmits it to the android mobile application on user’s request. The application inturn gets the data, processes it and calculates the corresponding cost. The billing can be based on actual consumption rather than on an estimate based on previous consumption, giving customers better control of their use of electric. This project can be further enhanced by storing the readings in the Electricity Board department’s server by sending the meter id and corresponding cost in the database 😒😀
😁

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Almost many people are using android phones,our project mainly focuses on developing an android application for viewing the eb-meter reading and its corresponding cost for the amount of power consumption.Then we are using bluetooth for transferring the data which is already embedded in mobile.And its a low budget and useful app for client.

Project Highlights : The Electricity Department is one of the highly grossed departments in our country, our project focuses on digitalizing this department. The Government also tries to make all the department digitalized and one such scheme is Digital India. Digital India is an initiative by the Government of India to ensure that Government services are made available to citizens electronically by improving online infrastructure. This is an user friendly android based project, we would like to write the copyrights of this project to the Government of India so that many people will be benefited from this, it creates an awareness among the consumers about the billing process and also they can check their readings regularly and can reduce their usage if it exceeds their limit. The Government can also make use of our project, since it is digitalized there won’t be any error in noting down the reading and the readings can be uploaded directly on to the electricity department’s database. So on winning this competition it would be very helpful in achieving one of the government’s initiatives in digitalizing India.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology
City: Puducherry
State: Puducherry
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys.. hope you're fine .. i need innovative ideas for artificial intelligence projects my final year has started i'm doing BS software engineering
a warm greetings to all CE ans .i want to present a paper on current trends in information technology.i have googled many topic but i want this paper to be...
According to Designer prospective, Engineer prospective, and Facility provider prospective. Anyone have idea about these please let me know.
I am wondering what's the easiest mode of making payments for Indian customers. When I look at various reports from eCommerce companies, it looks like people still prefer Cash on...
A research team from the University of Surrey has managed to transform light resistant graphene sheets into heliophilic graphene, which is capable of absorbing a staggering 90% of the incident...