Blogging VS Website

What is the difference between a blog and a website?What are the advantages of a website over a blog?

We find people having a blog and a website but then in both they share their information/knowledge and things like that...Is there anything that cannot be shared in a blog that can be shared on a website? 😕

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A blog is just a form of a website. As I mentioned in earlier thread, blog is a personal diary maintained online.

A website, is much more than a blog. A website is an online information resource that may cater to various needs.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Yes ... Blog is the place where you express your views and feelings. A blogger generates personal comment and intimate details and information about a particular niche subject or topic that he has chosen to cover

But a website has much larger domain as you can deliver the content as the information of any field in the world.
    A website can be said as the official address and location of a web-based business.

The crux is that none can really totally replace the other and both blogs and web sites have their individual very important key roles to play.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    @sarvesh::what would be your suggestion to a person who has created a blog and a personal website?if he can post almost everything in a blog then why does he need a website for himself?
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    The_Big_K
    A blog is just a form of a website. As I mentioned in earlier thread, blog is a personal diary maintained online.

A website, is much more than a blog. A website is an online information resource that may cater to various needs.
    But then if a person has a personal website then he can also maintain a diary in it.Why should he go for a blog?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    In my opinion blog has the limited space in which we put our articles and information,as it is free.but as far concern about websites it denotes a particular specific view,for which it is created and the owner wants according to his choice to how much creativity he can use there or add more pages 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The two main differences between a blog and personal website are 'focus & purpose'. The focus of a blog is about expressing view, opinion, ideas through posts. A website is much bigger; with forums, gallery, articles etc.

To simplify this further, a blog aims to build conversations between the blogger and its readers; whereas a website, is majority of the times, about providing information.

Also, a blog may not always be personal. There are official blogs published by nearly all major corporations.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    cooldudeiet
    In my opinion blog has the limited space in which we put our articles and information,as it is free.but as far concern about websites it denotes a particular specific view,for which it is created and the owner wants according to his choice to how much creativity he can use there or add more pages 😀
    Apart from the commercial websites there are websites created by ordinary people and they share a lot of information through it which is also free where people can show their creativity but within a limited space.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Hmm got it Biggie.,
  • smartharsh
    smartharsh
    The kind of features we now get in blogs are enormous and thus line between blog ans website is blurring.

Basically blogging started as concept of keeping a diary - an online diary.
    Websites were existing for more commercial purpose and to show off one creativity and talent.
    But with blogging gaining popularity many blogging sites are now giving many features which are similar to websites.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    vishnu priya
    But then if a person has a personal website then he can also maintain a diary in it.Why should he go for a blog?
    I've a blog and a website as well. I put all my hobby programming stuff in the website.
    A blog as a personal dairy. Basically both have different goals.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, We all have read many poems in our lives ("may also have read due to some compulsions") .Anyways post your favorite poem or any particular verse in the...
If you want to get your hands dirty trying out the Google Chrome extensions, head over to : Google Chrome Extensions Enjoy!
Source: Mahindra Satyam to hire 1,000 freshers - Software & Services-News-Indiatimes - Infotech IT company Mahindra Satyam plans to appoint 1,000 freshers by December 15, a top company official said....
Source: Three IT cos bag $600 mn Walmart deal- Software & Services-News-Indiatimes - Infotech Walmart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, has picked three IT vendors including India's Infosys Technologies...
Sir / madam, My question is The width in bits of double primitive type in Java is --. Select the one correct answer. a. The width of double is platform...