BlackBerry Q10 Pre-Orders Begin In India - Here's An All You Want To Know

It is official. BlackBerry Q10, the 3.1-inch Super AMOLED screened, QWERTY keypad bearing smartphone with the latest BlackBerry 10 operating system (second only to Blackberry Z10 Is Priced In India At Rs. 43k!) is here. Snapdeal, the online retailer is letting you make pre-orders in India for a token amount of INR 1000. With the site displaying a release date as the "fourth week of May", which is approaching fast, BlackBerry Q10 is garnering a lot of views and reviews. After BlackBerry introduced the smartphone Q10 in Canada and Britain last month, reports have been saying that it received a pretty good response from the masses.

Tagged by the tag of 'Revenge of the Keyboard', the BlackBerry Q10 does feature a physical QWERTY keyboard for those who love the good-old business phones and tech specs that speak about a 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing one. We have connectivity options that include support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G and NFC. Coming to storage - BlackBerry Q10 packs in 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and is being powered up by a 2100mAh battery.

q10โ€‹

Coming to the market in two colors - Black & White, the phones specs also list out SNS integration, HDMI port, BlackBerry maps, an Organizer, Document viewer, Photo viewer and support for Predictive text input. We're expecting the phone to be priced in a range of Rs. 28,000 to Rs. 30,000. Let us know your reviews through comments.

Meanwhile, you can check out the HOW-TO Demo's from BlackBerry on YouTube. Here's the one taking you through the BBM -

โ€‹

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This phone, I believe would become a 'hit' in Indian markets for sure. I've known a lot of people who'd give up on touch-screen for the QWERTY keyboards any day. The price point of the phone is bit disappointing through. I'd have loved to see the phone in the Rs. 18k range.

I think the major advantage of this phone would be the battery backup; unlike Android that drain up on a day-long usage.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Phone looks beautiful.I love small sized phones with bright screen.
    Even though configuration of cellphone is good, the OS is still lame.

Price tag is very high compared to what it gives.The product would go "hit" if the price is lowered between 18K to 20K.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah, call some people old fashioned all you want, but I know people who actually hate typing on a full touchscreen and would love a QWERTY. Sometimes touchscreens on 3-inch screens really don't make sense.
  • Root
    Root
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah, call some people old fashioned all you want,
    Thank you.

It is all about convenience. I prefer to keep a phone in my jeans pocket than a big glass slate. A business tool with powerful features, plus a decent enough camera.

I thought of going for Nokia E6. But the Belle update messed it up. I have been waiting for Q10 ever since.

PS: I suggest you use simple "tagged" instead of "Tagged by the tag". That makes it bit more easy to read,
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It is official. BlackBerry India tweeted that the smartphone is coming to India soon with a link to its official page on the company's India website. People who're interested in buying the phone can register to get updates about the phone's availability through the site.

Here's the tweet - #-Link-Snipped-#

Say an 'aye' in replies below, if you think this phone could be a hit in Indian market.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The more I read about Blackberry Q10, the more I get excited about this phone. The 2100 mAh battery pack, I believe, will make this phone rock! I've owned a Blackberry phone in the past and RIM folks seem to have the power consumption related issues in their latest hardware. I can't wait to see first hand reviews of this phone, especially the power backup.

As I said, the price point is going to be an interesting thing to follow. If the rumors on Twitter are to be believed, the phone will be priced between Rs. 28,000 - Rs. 30,000. That's way above my cost projection of about Rs. 18k.

The best thing to do is to wait until June and let this phone launch. Pre-order doesn't seem like an option at this time. What do you think, people?
  • Root
    Root
    @Ankita,

I doubt Q10 would be a great hit in our market. I guess 80% of the people don't care about the technology or build quality or UI refinement. A major portion of the rest of the people don't want to spend this kind of money on a phone like this (Just look at the comment sections of the recent articles about Q10. Samples like "tooo cstly" " fr sme pric i get galaxy s4" etc are the real reflection of the great Indian buyer). But I think BB Q10 will sell just 'nuff numbers in India.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Yes, me too super exited and eagerly waiting for this phone to be available in Indian market. But I think the price would be above 45,000. 18 K ? You must be kidding ๐Ÿ˜€. Even the very entry level Curve 9220 had a price of 12 K - when it launched.

Ah, not pre-order for me. I want to go to the show room, stand in the queue and touch the piece with my own hands ๐Ÿ˜€.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Root
    Yes, me too super exited and eagerly waiting for this phone to be available in Indian market. But I think the price would be above 45,000. 18 K ? You must be kidding ๐Ÿ˜€. Even the very entry level Curve 9220 had a price of 12 K - when it launched.

Ah, not pre-order for me. I want to go to the show room, stand in the queue and touch the piece with my own hands ๐Ÿ˜€.

Seriously, I'd not spend anything above Rs. 20k for this phone. Rs. 45k would be a pure loot because I believe even the Rs. 30k price is not justified. Look at the specs and look at the competition. You may justify the 45k price bracket for Apple's product because the 'want' factor is huge. I doubt the same goes with Blackberry these days. BB used to be a cool in the days it was the hottest smartphone brand, but not anymore.

Why 18k? Look at the form factor, software and app market for BB. Does the phone offer anything drool-worthy over Galaxy, Ericsson and LG (odd man out, but still ๐Ÿ˜‰ )?

If you're in India - you'd definitely not have to stand in the queue.
  • Root
    Root
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Seriously, I'd not spend anything above Rs. 20k for this phone ~~~~~~~ Look at the specs and look at the competition. ~~~~~~~'s product because the 'want' factor is huge. I doubt the same goes with Blackberry these days. BB used to be a cool in the days~~~~~~

~~~~~Look at the form factor, software and app market for BB. Does the phone offer anything drool-worthy over Galaxy, Ericsson and LG (odd man out, but still ๐Ÿ˜‰ )?

If you're in India - you'd definitely not have to stand in the queue.
    Hmm.. Been there and heard all that. Yes, I agree that a lot of people are there who actually value specs, number of applications ( torch light applications, anyone ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), use 5" , 6" and and and screens to watch videos ( I feel like a slow guy , having sold my old 24" flat 'glass' panel TV and went for a 42" Sony LCD ๐Ÿ˜” . I did not know that small is the new cool. ).

Well, I agree that Q10 does not carry that salivating ingredient. However it has the same (some)thing that make people buy Royal Enfield Bullet bikes, Fiat cars and the now Vespa scooters. It is the exclusiveness , IMHO.

If I don't have to stand in the queue, well, I am happy ๐Ÿ˜€. Yes, I do live in India.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, it looks like Blackberry will launch the phone on June 6 and the price is expected to be above Rs. 40k. I predict that Blackberry Q10 is DoA. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, as we guessed, Blackberry Q10 has been launched in India today and the price has been set to Rs. 44,999. I humble opinion is that this phone is over-priced and I doubt whether people will really adopt it for that price especially when the markets are flooded with better phones (debate?) and the new iDevice, Galaxy Devices will be launched in the next few months. All the best, Blackberry!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I just saw the price tag ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.
    It's just showoff phone with 40+k.
    They are claiming that this is for the people who do lots of emailing and stuffs, give me a break.
    I will better repair my Nokia 1100 for show-off. it will get more attention than Q10๐Ÿ˜˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear CEans, i am new to codeigniter i need live availability code i am using codeigniter. i am inserting values(username,password,email,phone number) by using array . if the email is already...
When it comes to the Indian engineering students and their academics, the only places that they want to get into are the series of colleges under the Indian Institute of...
What is Norton's theorem? What is its significance and are there any advantages over Thevenin's theorem?
Get ready for amazing luxury and environment friendly car with consumer rating of 99/100 Features includs: 0-60 miles/hour in 4.3 sec Full Feature list: https://www.teslamotors.com FAQ: https://www.teslamotors.com/goelectric#roadtrips Look at following...
PLEASE HELP ME BY SENDING A FREE BODY DIAGRAM REGARDING VARIOUS LOADS ON THE BRACINGS OF STRUCTURAL METALLIC COLUMN.