Blackberry Priv Specs And Details Officially Announced

After a long series of misleading news, predictions and speculations, the official specs of BlackBerry Priv are probably out. Since the decline in the once huge company’s busy, even a small step by BlackBerry is put under scrutiny. And now, all eyes are on the new device which will supposedly be a step ahead by BlackBerry to redeem itself in the mobile market. Let’s have a look at the specs and details of BlackBerry Priv.

A UK based retailer called #-Link-Snipped-# has put up the Priv for pre-orders on their website. Naturally, the site has listed the specs of the same on its web page. The phone has 5.4 inch screen size with a Quad HD (QHD) display. It has powered by a hexa-core (1.8GHz dual core + 1.44GHz quad core) Snapdragon 808 processor along with 3 GB of RAM. The highlight of the phone is that it will have the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS. The users will have a full access to Google Mobile Services and Google Play App Store.

More importantly, BlackBerry has claimed in its #-Link-Snipped-# that it will be safer than most Android phones out there. BlackBerry will take care that the privacy of user is maintained despite using an Android phone. This will be done by providing the users applications like BBM for private messaging, WatchDox for private file sharing, BBM Meetings for private conferences, and SecuSUITE for private voice calls.

blackberry_priv_uk_pre_release

One additional eye catching feature of the phone, as you can see in the above image is that it comes out with a slide-out physical keyboard. The users can use either the physical keyboard or the touch keyboard based on their comfort. The phone has 32 GB of internal storage which is expandable upto a whopping 2 TB using microSD cards. The phone has an 18 MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera. It is backed by a 3410 mAh battery.

The phone is up for pre-orders in UK at a price of GBP 579.99 (Rs. 58,000 approx.). The site mentions that the actual date of delivery is expected to be around 6th November. Availability in other countries is yet unknown. Let’s hope that the BlackBerry Priv will allow the company to put a strong foot forward in the mobile market.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    😳....
    The moment BlackBerry sent out indication that they are abandoning BlackBerry 10, a lot of loyalists got - well , you know what. Perhaps Android fork made used by BlackBerry to run Priv (sounds yikes..!) is strengthened enough for privacy paranoids. But so are the claims made by Silent Circle when launching their 'secure android' Blackphone 2.

Waiting for the comments over Priv's price too 😀... (If at all they launch in India. For the records, BlackBerry's passport silver edirion not yet launched in India).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have completed my engineering in computer science,is it possible do my MS in automobiles? if yes,please help me with this
I have been working as Assistant Engineer (Electrical) in Uttar Haryana Bijili Vitran Nigam Ltd. for 18 years.I am from Haryana India.
Nature's photosynthesis beats artificial solar cells hands down when it comes to efficiency. Photosynthesis, a phenomenon perfected by nature since the beginning of the life on Earth achieves near perfect...
GreyOrange co-founders Samay Kohli and Akash Gupta share more than just their alma mater. Mechanical engineers by degree, these two BITS Pilani graduates hail from middle class families and both...
Quote: This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the...