BlackBerry Passport Specs And Price Revealed - This One Could Be Just For The Fanboys

BlackBerry has launched a new smartphone called BlackBerry Passport in India priced at Rs 49,990.The brand new Passport is exclusively available on e-commerce site, Amazon. The eye-catching feature of this smartphone is its design. It has a large square touch screen with intuitive gesture based navigation that will provide users a new viewing experience while web browsing, reading, et al. Below the touch screen is a physical keyboard which is also touch enabled that allows you to perform many touch functions right on the keyboard.

Passportโ€‹

Let us have a detailed look at the features and specifications. Featuring a 4.5 inch diagonal screen with 1440 x 1440 pixel resolution, the aspect ratio of the screen is 1:1. Those having small hands may find it difficult to handle the phone single-handedly. The smartphone measures 128 mm x 90.3 mm x 9.3 mm. The battery capacity of 3450mAH provides up to 18 hours GSM talk time. BlackBerry Passport runs on BlackBerry 10 OS and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801. It offers 32 GB internal memory along with removable microSD memory card that can be expanded up to 128 GB. The phone weighs 196 g (6.91 oz) which is heavy when compared to other latest smartphones like 2nd Generation Moto G Arrives In India: Features, Tech Specs & Comparison With Moto G 2013., #-Link-Snipped-#and Sony Xperia Z3 And Xperia Z3 Compact Smartphones Launched At IFA 2014. The 13 megapixel auto-focus rear camera has LED flash and also features 6DOF video stabilization and 1080p HD video recording at 60fps. The 2MP fixed-focus front camera offers image and video stabilization along with 720p HD video recording. Users can listen to FM Radio and can also connect to Wi-Fi and GPS.

BBโ€‹

BlackBerry Passport also provides BlackBerry Assistant that allows users to manage, contacts email, calendar, et al through text and voice commands. It also offers BlackBerry Hub which helps the users to view all the messages such as text, email, messages, phone calls and more at one place. Advanced sensors such as Accelerometer, Magnetometer, and Gyroscope are also provided along with dedicated keys for Mute, Volume Up/Down and Lock (for Power On/Off).

Although the Passport, as touted by Blackberry, possesses all the features suitable for a flagship mobile, do you feel it has that X factor to make you buy it? Will the heavy price tag deter its clients? And whether this ailing giant will recapture its fading glory with this new offering? Do let us know your views.

โ€‹

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The Blackberry Passport is for the business professional who does not have time to indulge in activities such as upping his/her Candy Crush Saga score or running away from chimps after stealing an idol. The phone means serious business, at first look though you find a huge drawback, just three lines of keyboard instead of the usual four that people are accustomed to.
    On the other hand, I will be waiting for about year for the price of the Blackberry Passport to come down to Rs. 20000, just like its previous flagship models. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Geeta_Reddy
    Geeta_Reddy
    The important feature of blackberry passport is "BLEND" which is missing in the article.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    True. We can download it on Mac as well as Windows (No Linux support). From what I understand, the app is introduced for integration across devices and the blackberry boys seem pretty excited about it.

Here's a video that shares a demo of how Blackberry Bend works -

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    So the Blend is that breakthrough technology which was used by Nokia java phone using PC suit, in last century to receive and send SMS through other device.
    #BowToBlackberry โ˜•
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Sharvari Panchbhai
    1. Although the Passport, as touted by Blackberry, possesses all the features suitable for a flagship mobile, do you feel it has that X factor to make you buy it?
    2. Will the heavy price tag deter its clients?

3. And whether this ailing giant will recapture its fading glory with this new offering? Do let us know your views.
    1. It is a flagship product. But will all the goodies make me buy that? Not at present because of my Z30 that works flawlessly and the price tag of half a lakhs! I would have gone for that if the price is below 40K.

2. Hell, yes - like a plague. Especially in countries like India.

3. I guess BlackBerry going back to 65 % of it's previous glory. ( It is a WAG, and no solid facts to back it up. So don't ask me ๐Ÿ˜‰)
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Anoop Kumar
    So the Blend is that breakthrough technology which was used by Nokia java phone using PC suit, in last century to receive and send SMS through other device.
    #BowToBlackberry โ˜•
    Blend is one of the enhancements of BlackBerry user experience. Along with a lot of other subtle, but significant changes those assist the user to get their things done. I don't want to list every one of them ut the following few.

1. Touch sensitive keyboard with "flick words up" feature.
    2. Instant action in the HUB ( which is shamelessly stolen from gmail implementation from android) in it's 10.3 OS.
    3. Implementation intelligent assistant.

It is not any major breakthrough, but the sum of all those small goodies which make ( in my opinion ) BlackBerry passport to my wish list.

Minus the price , ofcourse ๐Ÿ˜ญ

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tailor made for you guys! https://prize.tatacommunications.com/home Go make a CE signature on the F1 world! The 3rd challenge opens soon.
A must read for any Automobile/Mechanical engineering inclined enthusiast! https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/31/business/energy-environment/31ENGINE.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 Way to go, and things to looks forward to. Indian auto industry does realize the potential! Note:This is an old...
https://2014.spaceappschallenge.org/challenge/ Happens in 3 Indian cities! Where would you be? What would you do?
https://2014.spaceappschallenge.org/challenge/ Happens in 3 Indian cities! Where would you be? What would you do?
Gionee India has done basking in the glory of its Elife S5.5 smartphone that became popular for its slogan 'More Than Slim'. Today it has launched a new Android Kitkat...