BlackBerry Classic Smartphone - Specs, Features, Price And All You Want To Know

After successfully launching BlackBerry Passport Specs And Price Revealed - This One Could Be Just For The Fanboys and basking in the glory of its remarkable success on Amazon.com, this time BlackBerry has released the much awaited smartphone called BlackBerry Classic at $449. As its name suggests, this device reminds us of the classic BB phones designed for executives and businessmen who want to manage their work pretty much on the go. BlackBerry Classic has a large square sized touch screen with a traditional 35 key backlit physical QWERTY keyboard and BlackBerry 10 OS that provides you considerable speed and accuracy.

Classic pic

BlackBerry Classic is powered by Qualcomm MSM 8960 1.5GHz processor for ultimate performance. Featuring a 3.5 inch diagonal display screen with 720 x 720 pixels resolution, the aspect ratio of the capacitive touch screen is 1:1. It also features 24-bit colour depth and a pixel density of 294 PPI. The storage includes 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory and the external memory can be expanded up to 128 GB via MicroSD memory card. The framework of the handset has the dimensions of 131 x 72.4 x 10.2 mm. At 178 g or 6.28 oz, this phone needs you to provide a bit of muscle power to it but the premium finish makes it fit quiet comfortably.

Coming to the camera, the Classic has 8 megapixel F2.2 lens, auto-focus primary camera with flash support and 1080 p HD video recording at 30 fps. It also features 2DOF video stabilization. The 2 megapixel fixed-focus secondary camera provides 720 p HD video recording. Classic is powered 2515 mAh non-removable Lithium Ion battery that provides GSM talk time up to 17.2 hours and about 15.2 days GSM standby time. Users can install Android Apps along with BlackBerry Apps.

Classic back

On the connectivity front, the Classic includes Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot, NFC, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS. The handset requires a nano SIM card and has Micro USB 2.0 high speed port. BlackBerry Classic comes with advanced sensors such as Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Magnetometer, Ambient light and Hall sensor along with dedicated keys for Send, End (Power), Menu, Escape, Lock/Power (On/Off), Volume Up/Down and Mute.

In addition to the list, the Classic features pre-loaded apps such as BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Assistant, BlackBerry Blend, Contacts, Clock, Calculator, File Manager, Remember (memos/tasks combo), Evernote, Password Keeper and many more. BlackBerry also provides BlackBerry Link software for computer so that user can synchronize data and media with Classic. For accessibility, BlackBerry Magnify, Face-to-face video chat with BBM Video, Teletypewriter (TTY) Support is also provided.

The features provided by BlackBerry are impressive but will it be as successful as BlackBerry Passport? What do you think about this new smartphone? Share with us in comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Oh Blackberry! 178g/10.2mm thick and backside is look like old cheapo rounded phone.
    Phone designer must be dying to destroy blackberry hopelessly. 😁
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    The BlackBerry classic has got best 'specs' in the world of QWERTY smartphones (with a physical keyboard) and toolbelt. Looks sturdy and the bigger battery ( comparing to my BlackBerry Q10) helps too.

I like the compactness of this phone, and it looks professional to met. For those who swear by compact form factor , powerful communication ( mainly email and texting) features of old model BlackBerry's, this could be a transition to modern BlackBerry 10 OS. The ability to run 'some ' android applications can save them in a bad day too.

Beats pressing a sieve against one's ear while balancing a laptop bag , jacket and a coffee cup while packed in a crowded elevator!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to manufacture composite materials with different stacking sequence. Which composite equipment would be required for this purpose? Many Thanks!
hey there can anyone tell me where can i get ELECTRIC MACHINE by P.S.BIMBRA ELECTRIC MACHINE by NAGRATH KOTHARI PLZ HELP
So, this is RealSense challenge. The technology I must say has become better though not as reliable as I would have expected. None the less, I received RealSense camera on...
Microsoft’s Xim, a photo sharing application, has just got bigger and better. The photo sharing application available on all the three major platforms- Android, Windows and iOS has been updated...
After the launch of Android tablet, Canvas Tab P666, powered by Intel processor, Micromax has unveiled its new reasonably priced tablet called Canvas Tab P470 at Rs 6999 only. The...