BJP Messenger (Bhajapa Samvad Setu) - The WhatsApp For BJP Folks!

BJP, aka Bhartiya Janta Party is likely to launch their own messenger, let's call it 'BJP Messenger' (we hear the name's going to be "Bhajapa Samvad Setu" which roughly translates to BJP Communication Bridge)to ensure that all of its announcements, decisions and other general communication is spread rapidly and securely among all the BJP folks. It's also being speculated that the service will be made available to everyone to communicate the official information.

The service is likely to be made available as an Android app with features similar to those offered by WhatsApp. BJP relied on WhatsApp for communication during the election time and has decided to develop its own platform/service for rapid messaging. It's likely that the app / service will support more than 50 members per group; with posting ability limited to the admins or authentic people.

BJP-Messenger-Samvad-Setu

Users will be able to send video, audio files and photos. I'd rather propose an app for Indians, hosted on Indian servers so that the problem of NSA and others spying is addressed to some extent. The communication between the app and the server will have to be highly encrypted - but I'm not sure if that'd really solve the problem.

What do you think?

Replies

• Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    "Bhajapa Samvad Setu" ... Nice name.. Could've been cooler...

App Market is flooded with political apps and games.. One more app doesn't make sense.

I think your idea is awesome.... Its the concept of "India" that unites us, not "Bhajapa". One app for all Indians. It would be technically challenging and certainly would be mind blowing in its scale.

Are you planning to build one? Count me in...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Once upon a time, knowing DOS commands for launching a program was supposed to be a herculean task for kids but now the scenario has changed a lot as kindergarten...
Security researchers Karsten Nohl and Jakob Lell of Security Research Lab have managed to exploit a fundamental flaw in USB technology that makes us rethink the way we use this...
Curious to know if each of these modules are left in power on mode - which of the above three modules would consume more power? Added bluetooth to the list;...
Samsung Electronics India has launched three new mid-budget smartphones in India with Samsung Galaxy Star 2, the Galaxy Star Advance and Galaxy Ace NXT. Making official entry into the android...
Dear All, I want to calculate volume of pipeline (other tha physical measurement of length and pipe size) connected to outlet of Known Volume of Air Receiver filled with Compressed...