BITSAT 2015 Application Date | Registration | Eligibility Criteria | How To Apply

BITSAT 2015 is the official computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.

BITSAT 2015 Examination
  • The test will have Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical reasoning, and Mathematics/Biology parts and is of 3 hours duration.
  • All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions) and based on NCERT syllabus.
  • The test is so designed that it doesn't require the candidate to have any special computer skill.
  • A sample test is made available to the registered candidates at the BITS Website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
  • The questions are selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets, but of same difficulty level and content.
BITSAT-2015 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
The test consists of four parts:
Part I : Physics - 40 Questions
Part II : Chemistry - 40 Questions
Part III : (a) English Proficiency - 15 Questions
(b) Logical Reasoning - 10 Questions
Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates) - 45 Questions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

BITSAT 2015 Eligibility Criteria

1. Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.

2. For admission to B.Pharm.(Hons.): Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English.
[Candidates with PCM subjects may also apply for Pharmacy program.]

3. Minimum aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT)
or
Minimum aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.

4. Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2015 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2014 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2015 test.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

BITSAT 2015 Important Dates

20th February 2015 - Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2015
25th February 2015 - Test center allotment and announcement to candidates
1st March 2015 – 20th March 2015 Candidates to reserve Test dates
15th April – 30th April 2015 - Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions
14th May –29th May 2015 BITSAT Online tests.
20th May – 30th June 2015 Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences to Degree programmes
1st July 2015 - Admit List and Wait List announcement

BITSAT 2015 Application Form - How to Apply?

NOTE: Candidate can choose the center, the date and time for the test, as per his/her convenience, while applying for the tests. The application cannot be sent by email/post.

Follow the process below to apply to BITSAT 2015 -
  1. Open the following URL in browser: #-Link-Snipped-#
  2. Read the instructions written on that page carefully and then scroll down.
  3. Click on the blue button 'Allow Me to Apply Online'
  4. You will see the form to register.
  5. Enter your Full Name ((as in 12th Year Examination Marksheet), Gender, Date of Birth and Email Address in respective fields
  6. Enter the characters shown in image (Captcha) and click proceed.
  7. Done!
A candidate can apply online only once for BITSAT-2015. However, if a candidate discovers any mistake in the form submitted by him, he can apply online second time and send a letter to admission office BITS, Pilani mentioning the earlier application number which will be cancelled. In such cases, the second application has to be accompanied by a fresh application fee.

BITSAT 2015 Application Fee

1. In India Application Fee
  • For Male candidates - Rs. 2090/-
  • For Female candidates - 1590/-.
2. In Dubai Application Fee
  • US$50 (or Rs.3100/- Indian Rupees).
The application fee is non-refundable.

The fee can be paid using any of the following modes:

1. Payment by Credit Cards and Debit Cards (All credit & Debit cards issued by Master and Visa) using Online Payment Gateway.
2. Payment through Net Banking enabled accounts of Indian banks using Online Payment Gateway
3. By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay-in Slip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any queries, please ask below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Download BITSAT 2015 Syllabus and Sample Test.
  • engineer101
    engineer101
    I have already submitted my form.. but I have made a mistake while entering some data in my application. How to edit it?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hello there!

You cannot edit the online application form once it has been submitted. If the mistake is minor, you can send a written signed request for the correction. However, if you want to change the center preferences, you will have to apply once again by paying the application fees again.

I believe you can send the letter to this address:
    Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani - 333 031 (Rajasthan) India.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions.
  • engineer101
    engineer101
    ..actually another question.. my friend gave 12th exam last year, but he did not get 75% aggregate in PCM group... Can he repeat some of the subjects to get the required 75% marks???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ok. I went through the BITSAT 2015 FAQ section and found out that if someone is retaking the 12th standard examination, they have to appear for all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again.
    I haven't heard of such a provision for applying to only PCM subjects.
    So, if your friend takes improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, he is not eligible.
  • engineer101
    engineer101
    Thank you mam.. for the PROMPT RESPOND!..... I will tell him today.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am not sure why students aren't putting up their queries directly as replies here. They either send me a personal message on CE or leave queries on Facebook page.

Anyway, answering once and for all -

I passed 12th exam in 2014. Am I eligible to appear for BITSAT-2015?
    Yes! Nothing's stopping you. You are perfectly eligible for appearing at BITSAT 2015.

Am I Eligible for admission to M.Sc.(Tech.) right after my 12th standard?
    Again, yes! There is no intermediate B.Sc. degree needed. The M.Sc.(Tech.) and M.Sc.(Hons.) programs are 4-year integrated programs after 12th.
    More details here: M.Sc.(Tech.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Women intimidation and Kidnapping are emerging as a greater threats in our modern society. Cases that were filed are gradually increasing which makes women feel...
Project Abstract / Summary : It is an open Portal.My Project consist of 4 major Modules. 01. Student 02.Faculty 03.Institute Admin 04. Examinee institute admin will open his account &...
Most new Android phones launching across the globe this year are featuring a powerful processor and better battery life. Joining the league of several other Octa Core processor running smartphones...
Project Abstract / Summary : IT IS USEFUL FOR FARMERS TO MINIMIZE DRUDGERY AND SAFETY FROM HARMFUL PESTICIDES.IT IS 4-WHEEL ROBOT ,CAPABLE OF SPRAYING PESTICIDES BY REMOTE CONTROL. ITS BATTERY...
friends i want to make robowar robot..please suggest me some robot designs. i seen some designs, but i want to make some new type robots. so please give me some...