Bit of confusion.

Hello everyone. ๐Ÿ˜€ I need some help here. I've just completed 1st year(2nd sem) of mechanical engineering, and I was thinking about preparing for GATE. So, I want some suggestion that should I go to some class for the guidance or will it be better to start from 3rd year or should I start from 4th semester ?

P.S. I have no idea about the subjects.

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Welcome to Crazyengineers #-Link-Snipped-#. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Its great to have you with us.
    Would love your active participation in various discussions going on here.

Now, Gate syllabus is no different from your engineering Syllabus. Until & unless you don't have knowledge of the core engineering subjects just by joining any institute for GATE coaching will no do the work. first you need to be clear about the basics concepts of mechanical engineering. Hence I would suggest you to get thorough knowledge about your subject & then focus on GATE Prepration . ๐Ÿ˜€
    Best of Luck ๐Ÿ‘

Do look How to prepare GATE 2015 in mechanical engineering ? for GATE Preprations
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Go to the following link to explore more on this gate study
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Discussion moved to GATE section.
  • Anand Vardhan
    Anand Vardhan
    Thank you for your welcome #-Link-Snipped-# sir.
    Ohh. Does that mean I need to wait for another semester ?
    I want to start as soon as possible because I've heared people preparing for many years and still not able to get above 40. I want to hit a minimum of 70. People laugh when I say this but I know Its possible.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Mam TY ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Start early. Stay ahead of the competition. Read the Gate Syllabus and prepare yourself one subject at a time.
    Scoring 70 won't be a distant dream. All the best.

In case you have any queries about the various topics in the syllabus, to understand them better - ask detailed questions on CE Section.
  • Anand Vardhan
    Anand Vardhan
    One subject at a time. Hm. I'll remember that. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ya sure I will. My teachers think its my hobby to ask questions. ๐Ÿ˜› So I will. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is some news that might offer some respite for people with Type-1 diabetes. Boston University's researchers have 'bionic' pancreas that automatically regulate blood glucose level. People with type 1...
Worldwide obesity has nearly doubled since 1980. In 2008, more than 1.4 billion adults were found overweight. Of these, over 200 million men and nearly 300 million women were obese....
We are much familiarized with centralized virtual currency Bitcoins. It has been in news since it was first introduced and many people have presented their views on threat to invest...
2 petabytes is huge. Let us put things in perspective, at 768 kbps video, 128 kbs audio (like the iTMS videos), a two hour movie on an average is almost...
Basic Electronics: Part 2 Resistors 1. Its a electronic or electrical device that resist the flow of elctrons through the device. 2. They are passive devices that is they have...