Bio Medical Engineering - discussions

CEans,

I see lot of bio medical engineers join CE. However, we do not have any discussions related to bio medical engineering. I am curious to know what bio medical engineering is about and also encourage you to start few threads related to bio medical engineering on CE. We need more participation from engineers from diverse backgrounds and engineering trends.

What do you say?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Wow, I would enjoy reading about this as well. Also any sustainability/environmental engineers.
  • ushafor2008
    ushafor2008
    yes,I am also curious to know what bio medical engineering is?
    so anyone tell me
  • icehari
    icehari
    hey guys i know about bio medical instrumentation, but bio medical engineering is something strange for me...
  • gohm
    gohm
    that's a starting point, why don't you tell us or open up a discussion on that IceHari?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Biomedical Engineering deals with the application of electronic, pneumatic and mechanical instruments that are used in medical science applications.
    SCOPE
    Health monitoring and management of disease in health care system is one of the promising industries that is expected to grow rapidly and gain high profits in the near future.
    The dependency on medical instruments has given rise to changes in electrical safety test and measurement of accuracy and calibration of medical instrument itself. A biomedical engineer is equally sharing the responsibility of health care along with doctors and paramedical staff. This demands a well trained and directionally educated Biomedical Engineer.
    Unlike other engineering fields the advancement in Biomedical Engineering is more challenging. A biomedical Engineer is useful to the society in following manner:

• As an engineer in medical hospital to maintain, train, monitor instruments and if necessary deduce diagnosis (at elementary level),
    • As a development engineer in preparing up a proto-type instrument,
    • As a R&D engineer in medical sciences, and
    • As a development engineer to set up an instrumental patient monitoring system.

Source:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Here is a wikipedia link for it
    Biomedical Engineering
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, I really hated biology in high school. But I dont mind working along side a bio engineer to create some interesting technologies for the human body.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I was the opposite, that was my forte as I majored in microbiology during undergrad studies. Bio-engineering along with astro & sustainabilty engineering are going to be the big up and comers I predict.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    yep, bio-engineering sure is gonna be sought after, very soon..
  • shashankkabra
    shashankkabra
    It is basically a BRIDGE between the engineering and medical field....or let me put it this way...It is basically using the engineering principles to help the medical field.

well....biomedical engineering is slowly catching up.....n it promises a good future!!!
  • icehari
    icehari
    ya, i agree with you.. after a study with bio-medical instrumentation, i can only say that ECG,EMG,ERG... and many other instruments in the medical field came under bio-medical instrumentation...
  • Makaveli
    Makaveli
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

I see lot of bio medical engineers join CE. However, we do not have any discussions related to bio medical engineering. I am curious to know what bio medical engineering is about and also encourage you to start few threads related to bio medical engineering on CE. We need more participation from engineers from diverse backgrounds and engineering trends.

What do you say?
    first of all, i would like to take chance through this post to introduce my self,Mohammed , (Bachelor)final year in electronics majoring in Bio-instrumentation engineering, about resolving the issue of naming this course a bio-medical or a bio0instrumentation, for my experience as i was undergoing the last three months an industrial training as one of the course requirement, i had the chance for doing the training in Siemens Health-care which is one of the leading companies in the health-care products, the major work that i was doing was in Starting up, commissioning, preventive maintenance and fixing technical problems in medical devices such as X-ray devices,MRI,CT scan...etc.anyways, below i have povided some explanation of the coure. thank you all Crazy Engineer and proud to join you all.

Biomedical Engineering is an upcoming field of technology characterized by a considerable stress on interdisciplinary approach. Being an integrating medium for two dynamic professions, Medicine and Engineering, this discipline cherishes the broad objective of assisting in the struggle against illness and disease by providing tools and techniques research, diagnosis and treatment. The diversified nature of the course encapsulates within its purview, various disciplines of specialization. A Biomedical professional works with other healthcare professionals like Physicians, Nurses, Therapists and Technicians and designs instruments, devices and software that contribute to the development of healthcare.
    in the recent times, Biomedical Engineering has gained currency among the student community. Biomedical Engineering combines the thorough knowledge of the principles of both medicine and engineering. The biomedical engineers apply the concepts of biology, physics as well as chemistry to develop products and devices for diagnosis and treatment. The branch integrates physical, chemical, mathematical and computational sciences and engineering principles to study biology, medicine, behavior and health.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Makaveli
    first of all, i would like to take chance through this post to introduce my self,Mohammed , (Bachelor)final year in electronics majoring in Bio-instrumentation engineering, about resolving the issue of naming this course a bio-medical or a bio0instrumentation, for my experience as i was undergoing the last three months an industrial training as one of the course requirement, i had the chance for doing the training in Siemens Health-care which is one of the leading companies in the health-care products, the major work that i was doing was in Starting up, commissioning, preventive maintenance and fixing technical problems in medical devices such as X-ray devices,MRI,CT scan...etc.anyways, below i have povided some explanation of the coure. thank you all Crazy Engineer and proud to join you all.

Biomedical Engineering is an upcoming field of technology characterized by a considerable stress on interdisciplinary approach. Being an integrating medium for two dynamic professions, Medicine and Engineering, this discipline cherishes the broad objective of assisting in the struggle against illness and disease by providing tools and techniques research, diagnosis and treatment. The diversified nature of the course encapsulates within its purview, various disciplines of specialization. A Biomedical professional works with other healthcare professionals like Physicians, Nurses, Therapists and Technicians and designs instruments, devices and software that contribute to the development of healthcare.
    in the recent times, Biomedical Engineering has gained currency among the student community. Biomedical Engineering combines the thorough knowledge of the principles of both medicine and engineering. The biomedical engineers apply the concepts of biology, physics as well as chemistry to develop products and devices for diagnosis and treatment. The branch integrates physical, chemical, mathematical and computational sciences and engineering principles to study biology, medicine, behavior and health.
    Thanks for the information, Mohammed. 😀 I hope to see lot of biomedical engineering discussions on CE!

Best

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😔😔😔😔😔 Please Help me out of this problem. I am unable to format my kingston 16 GB pen drive. It starts formatting ,and then it gives a message that "Windows...
hello........ i want to know how to install winavr, gcc..etc.. can u help him????? even want to know any good project based on micro-controller.....?????
Plz give me some elaborate details of ROTOMETER:smile:
hi friends i faced a problem that is in the simulation of a processor my task is to print the purpose of each and every word and characters i mean...
Hello guys, I have a problem with my quicktime and i am unable to export my files to the matlab format.( 8-bit (indexed or grayscale),16-bit grayscale or 24-bit (TrueColor) )....