binding theory in RCC

hello all,
I am a mechanical engineer but while discussing with a friend I have got a query regarding civil engineering.

while constructing a beam one binds wire around steel....
insted of this binding technique of RCC if we just thread the steel rods and join them with a bolted joint!!!

g_rakesh2

Replies

• AMITAVA
    AMITAVA
    U r absolutely correct and the technique is already available. It's known as coupler. Joining by threading as well as jointing by heating both techniques are available.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Umm good idea..
    RCC usually harden due to intermolecular locking and becomes hardened after setting mate...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all... I was just searching on net and found this site related to civil engineering and desire to become an civil engineer someday. I found this page on environmental...
ya i m a second year student .i need a help can you give me some innovative idea for idea presentation in our college.i belongs to electronics and instrumentation department...
NEW to this site, nice to join here...........
I use Gcc in generally for running c programs, Just 5 minutes before I attempted to run the program that includes the graphics.h header file.But I get the error as,...
The number of linux distros,like ubuntu , fedora , edubuntu , redhat linux , SUSE Linux , Linux Mint and Slack ware Linux are having thier own advantages ,, I...