Biggest issue on Facebook and not on CE

It's absurd that Facebook being the biggest social networking platform does not have the option to edit a picture which is once uploaded.

The problem is that once you post a picture and you get likes for it, it can't be edited other than the titles/captions/dates. The next option is to post another picture.

From a company's/groups/actor point of view, the option to edit the uploaded picture and reupload it is crucial at times for publicity reasons.

Why does facebook not enable this option?

This is not an issue on CE.

#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Well, I think its the same way as it used to be with comments. Facebook does not want the initial information to be altered in any way. Facebook always compresses the photos (unless explicitly asked not to) and stores then in its data centers so making changes such as cropping and effects would not be as good as they do on the original photo.
  • avii
    avii
    What if you upload some picture, get thousands of likes and change it to something else to twist from original?

e.g. you post a pic of Sunny Leone and once you get enough likes, you may change it to some lame political campaigning photo.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Looks like this is another good reason to hate facebook and say that it sucks.

avii
    What if you upload some picture, get thousands of likes and change it to something else to twist from original?

e.g. you post a pic of Sunny Leone and once you get enough likes, you may change it to some lame political campaigning photo.
    I think a similar thing exists even here in CE. i may get "likes" on a particular post of mine, and tomorrow i may use the "edit" option and change the content to something disagreeable.

the solution to such a thing would be, if the photo or content which has received many "likes" has changed, then the "likes" should be automatically discarded.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's actually flexible on CE. We had time-bound editing options (not enabled for everyone). Which means, you can edit your posts (and images/attachments/videos) in it for a period of X minutes after you've created it.

After these X minutes are over; you will no longer be able to modify anything. You'll have to get in touch with the moderators to make the changes for you.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's actually flexible on CE. We had time-bound editing options (not enabled for everyone). Which means, you can edit your posts (and images/attachments/videos) in it for a period of X minutes after you've created it.

After these X minutes are over; you will no longer be able to modify anything. You'll have to get in touch with the moderators to make the changes for you.
    And what would the values of X depend on ?
  • avii
    avii
    zaveri
    I think a similar thing exists even here in CE. i may get "likes" on a particular post of mine, and tomorrow i may use the "edit" option and change the content to something disagreeable.
    You cannot compare CE with FB. Both are different.

I had done so much mischievous stuff in past. I would create FB pages with pics of Aishwarya Rai, make people like it and then change it to make fun of my friends 😛😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We can set it to our needs. On the basis of user groups such as Maniacs, Aces, Gurus, Stars etc.
    If you need it to suit some other criteria, please do specify. We can see if we can implement that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have recently installed windows 8.1 in pc (hcl). The synoptics touchpad driver is not installed correctly. I have downloaded few other drivers but I couldn't fix this problem. Please...
See what water can do, DO you have any explanation for any of the eight trick. Lets test our engineering knowledge.
Just a newbie question: Now if you are seated on some chair or seat, for a considerable period of time, then the surface on which you were seated, turns out...
Those of us who can't afford iDevices and have no special liking for Android, Blackberry and Windows will soon be able to get an alternative from Samsung. The South Korean...
Google’s Chrome OS team took to Google+ to unveil their new device that helps measure responsiveness of laptop touchpads. The device titled Quickstep has been developed to help Chromebook manufactures...