Big data training and future

i have heard there is a bright future in Big data so how to enter in this field as a fresh CS graduate there will be more demand of data scientists than software developer. please also explain in brief about it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In a nutshell, big data refers to all the management of huge amount of data that companies capture. For example, think about youTube. People from all over the world are uploading gigabytes of data every minute and managing that data, analysing and using it properly is all covered under 'big data'.

There are several companies in India that work in the big data domain. Your bet is to find out which companies have been talking about Big Data and try to get a job with that company. If you can make yourself familiar technologies like Hadoop Clusters, Hive, PIG, WibiData, PLATFORM, SKYTREE, scalable databases etc., you should get a good start.

PS: 'Data Scientists' is a buzzword. Basically a fancy name given to the job that was otherwise known as business analyst, which was another fancy name given to data analyst, which was another fancy name given to the guys who work on excel 😁. It's definitely evolved in the recent times; but instead of falling for buzzwords, you should focus on mastering yourself in a few technologies. You'll have a better view of the things once you start operating in the domain.

All the best!
  • shailesh shekhawat
    shailesh shekhawat
    what about the future scope if i enter in this domain...better than software development?
    and i think i have to do training from institute
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shailesh shekhawat
    what about the future scope if i enter in this domain...better than software development?
    Big Data is here to stay. How your career works out depends entirety on how good you are with various technologies involved in Big Data.
  • shailesh shekhawat
    shailesh shekhawat
    from where i can do training ??
  • Sanam Khan
    Sanam Khan
    It is everywhere, part of everything, and grows so rapidly that even large, billion-dollar companies are being awed by its volume,To help meet this growing demand and supply today’s workforce with the skills required to meet tomorrow’s business need, companies and educational institutions across the world are charging full-speed ahead in the effort to teach big data skills. So there is always a bright future in Big data.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm having an El-Measure TM5410 and I want to fetch the readings of this meter onto my computer. I am using a SAN TELEQUIP SC11 USB to RS485/RS422 converter to...
I have selected few topics mostly done or conceptualized by me and few other topics which has truly inspired me and compiled into into a list. Most of the list...
Hi Folks, Any one knows, How to convert .xls/.xlsx files into .exe files. Please let me know the details Thanks Madhu
Hi! I am trying to figure out what sensors I should put on my device that look so much like a pen. I would like to use a pen as...
How do you guys identify that the logged in user is a Robot???