Beware! Google Account Expiration Notice Is FAKE!

Just received a very authentic looking email from #-Link-Snipped-# - and the email says -

Hi XXXX

Your mobile application is constantly sending shutdown request to us about your account.
We are contacting you to ask if you are aware of these concurrent request.
If left unattended, we are afraid that we will obey the command from your mobile app and shutdown immediately as requested by your account.
This confusion can be solved and averted by checking below [Button]

See the screenshot -

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 1.43.47 PM

Of course, the language used in the text ain't very professional; but I decided to give it a benefit of doubt. If you click on the Email Dashboard button, you will be taken to a FAKE website : bankruptcy-advice.au. The website itself will present a very authentic looking Gmail login interface!

DO NOT LOGIN TO THAT WEBSITE!

Google Chrome will actually show the notice of phishing website; but I'm not sure what would other browsers do.

If you try logging in; the website will have all your authentic username and password! They'll quickly alter your password and have access to all your important information!

Share this post with as many friends as you can!

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    bankruptcy-advice.au

Url is working right now?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Manish Goyal
    bankruptcy-advice.au

Url is working right now?
    I didn't post the complete url; just the main domain. It presents standard Gmail login interface. I strongly advice not to visit that website.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I just wanted to check that website, what they have done can you Please PM me that link?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm looking to buy a 2 + Ton split AC in India and wondering if there are any recommendations. My own research is very limited and have decided to go...
Project Abstract / Summary : As the cloud computing technology develops during the last decade, outsourcing data to cloud service for storage becomes an attractive trend, which benefits in sparing...
After a long list of rumours and even longer wait, Microsoft has finally released Windows 10 Mobile for older Lumia smartphones. Microsoft had launched the Windows 10 for Mobile in...
The latest version of WhatsApp for Android, which you can download from the source link below, allows basic text formatting - bold and italics. For those who love to decorate...
If you remember over a year ago we talked about the Splash Drone, a quad-copter that could take off from water. The researchers at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics...