Bentonite in DMC piling.

what is bentonite?
and why do we use it in DMC piling?

Replies

• Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    well bentonite is basically "multani mitti" dats what it is commonly known as in hindi it is done so that the water table is not disturbed i.e. to avoid the percolating the waste water
  • Kamaldeep Singh``
    Kamaldeep Singh``
    Thankyou for that..

but i would appreciate if someone can give me a brief idea about how bentonite helps not disturbing the water table.
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    well if u apply bentonite it will absorb water as clay absorbs and will not allow water to move further or percolate in the soil with its collectives that is whatever debris the water is carrying and if the waste water is percolated i.e. the bentonite is not provided then it can mix up withe water table and can disturb it that is it spoil the water of wells or ground water
  • Kamaldeep Singh``
    Kamaldeep Singh``
    ooohk.
    got it.
    thanks a ton
    😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what will be the effect of back rotation of one centrifugal pump on another pump running in parallel if suction is in vaccum
Soon my colleges r going to start so can u guys tell me some good books for the basics of ECE.......... so that i can have thorough knowledge about the...
Elementary OS 0.3 Freya (Formerly known as Isis) is an Ubuntu based distribution (sadly! - It should be arch based). So, what makes eOS better than Ubuntu ? First of...
1) 2) Adding File 3) 4) Sending File .... 5) Pushbuller App UI 6) Received file 7) You can even get notification directly to desktop
All the Mechanical Engineering Students who are preparing for GATE-2015 or so may post their queries here. I will try my best to solve. P.S. I am not a GATE...