Beebone Virus Infecting Computers In India! [Prevention + Removal]

Beebone Virus is creating havoc in the Indian computer networks, reports ET. The newly discovered virus has infected Indian cyberspace and the security experts have issued an alert to all the users to safeguard their computer systems and critical networks as soon as possible. The virus is said to be a smarter variant of Trojan win32/Beebone and is spreading rapidly. The virus gets privileged access to users computer networks by faking its own identity and then developing smart & corrupt mechanisms to affect the host computer. The current attack of the virus has been reported as 'deadly' by the security experts and it's been discovered that there are about 20 different aliases currently creating havoc.

virusโ€‹

Computer Emergency Response Team - India aka CERT-In has issued an advisory saying that the Beebone trojan belongs to the downloader family - which downloads and installs itself on host computer and then installs other malware without user's consent.

The Beebone, depending upon the version, may install malware, log your keystrokes (and steal important information like passwords, credit card numbers etc.), monitor computer activities and even corrupt your system's registry files.

How Does The Beebone Virus Propagate?

The beebone will mostly spread through malicious or compromised websites. Other common way this virus choses is through infected pen-drives and even through spam mails containing links to malicious websites. The virus may disguise you into believing that you're downloading some useful software; but in reality it will download all the malicious stuff without you noticing.

The TrojanDownloader:Win32/Beebone has been known to propagate through P2P networks and file-sharing websites and is often packaged with illegal / pirated software. Once it's infected the host, it will then silently wait till the host connects to the Internet and then it tries to replicate itself to other computers in the network. The virus will affect several core files on Windows machines including but not limited to wmiprsv.exe, svchhost.exe, msblast.exe, taskmon.exe, winsys.exe, d3dupdate.exe and sysinfo.exe. The worm is also known to infect the sfc_os.dll dynamic-link library file.

How to prevent your system / network from Beebone?

This is yet another reminder for you to have an updated version of Anti-Virus software on your system. Most of the modern Antivirus software will detect the trojan and take preventive action. If not, they'll quarantine the malicious files so that your system continues to run fine. Apart from installing and updating Antivirus software, you should not visit malicious websites, download content from unknown websites or open links/attachments in emails from unknown people.

How to remove Beebone from infected systems?

Thankfully, there's an easier way to remove the virus. Download the Free recovery tools . Once downloaded, rename the TDSSKiller.exe to iexplore.exe and then double-click on it to run it. Follow the on-screen instructions and scan your system. You may check additional steps to remove the virus on this website: #-Link-Snipped-#.

We hope the beebone won't affect your comptuer systems. Be alert!

Via: 'Beebone' computer virus lurking in Indian cyberspace - The Economic Times

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Okay, Bee-freaking-bone can't even hurt my darling PC ๐Ÿ˜
    Linux FTW !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    OSX, FTW! ๐Ÿ˜
  • lal
    lal
    Avira Antivirus, FTW ๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Self care is the best and it is ruling the world

FTW if you are alert you are game to any virus in the world
  • Mehak Rajkhokar
    Mehak Rajkhokar
    Prevention is Better than cure... Downloaded Kaspersky TDDSKILLER... ๐Ÿ‘
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Mehak Rajkhokar
    Prevention is Better than cure... Downloaded Kaspersky TDDSKILLER... ๐Ÿ‘
    AVG better than Kaspersky always KS is too large for an anti virus and Some low processing system can't handle it that easily
  • Mehak Rajkhokar
    Mehak Rajkhokar
    Conqueror
    AVG better than Kaspersky always KS is too large for an anti virus and Some low processing system can't handle it that easily
    Sure.. I just wanted to scan my PC through that and see if it shows any potential threats or not.. was simply checking.. But thanks.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • RajeshCDCA
    RajeshCDCA
    now you guys have started anti virus fight .
    btw i am in favor of Avira ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's CE's own big bad Antivirus thread: Best Antivirus: Post your rating and experience
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    For the geeks here, the agency has put out the names of aliases acquired by the virus.

Some of them are-- Trojan.Win32.Jorik.Fareit.qru (Kaspersky), W32/Autorun.worm.aaeh!gen (McAfee), W32/VobFus-BX (Sophos), Trojan horse (Symantec), Trojan-FBZZ! 41E0B7088DD9 (McAfee), Trojan.Win32.SelfDel.aqhh (Kaspersky), Trojan.Win32.Jorik.Fareit.qsl (Kaspersky), Beebone-FMQ! 039FA2520D97 (McAfee), W32.Changeup! gen40 (Symantec) and Worm.Win32.Vobfus.dxpf (Kaspersky).
  • mail154
    mail154
    Nice Information Dear.Big K. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Free webinar on23rd July 2013: https://www.globalspec.com/events/eventregister?eventId=386
As per the norms of KYCE once a KYCE is ready we must put out a teaser to commemorate Well as many people asked It is KYCEan Abhishek Rawal this...
I was on the bus to the train station earlier today, and I noticed a small ford hatchback with large Nokia decals buzzing passed. What caught my attention was the...
through cdac 2013 . i got IACSD pune in first councilling. i want to know placents from this centre . i"m confused whether i should join this course ... plz...
Well we have some serious haters of social media and serious fans of social media in CE I think this place is the best place to have a debate on...