BBM Update Brings Privacy And Control Features For Free, Discards Subscription Plan

In an effort to regain it's dwindling popularity, Blackberry has decided to open up BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and ditch a premium subscription plan. It is a move which helps the users get enhanced privacy and control features. There are namely two features - Retract and Timer. These have been pushed onto the iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices in their latest app update.

The Retract feature, allows the user to delete a sent message or image from it's own device and the recipient's device. This feature is useful when you wish to “retract” messages accidentally sent to the wrong person. The second feature, Timer, a self-destruct feature, allows user to decide how long you wish to keep a message visible or readable to the recipient. As soon as it completes the allotted time, the message simply disappears. Also, as part of a new feature, BBM has now added a feature to forward messages from one conversation to another, initiate private chats and ability to edit messages.

bbm-retract

Additionally there are updates specific to Android, iOS and BlackBerry. In Android, there is an option to mute a conversation, a separate section for images within a conversation and a support for Android 6.0 has been added. Updates in iOS and BlackBerry include an improved UI experience and other minor additions.

For dedicated BBM fans, this surely comes as a welcome move. But for BBM to regain its fame as one of the top messaging apps, BlackBerry will surely need to come up with new ways to keep people interested. What do you think about this move by BlackBerry? Please share your views with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Via: BBM's premium security features now free to all users - PhoneArena

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hailing from a small town in a middle class household, Surya Sankar has been a day dreamer. With a dad who is a banker and mom, a housewife, Surya grew...
Guys anybody who is well prepared for IES , kindly help emerging buds who gonna appear for the next year. How to plan? How to study? Tuition classes are necessary!
I was going through node js tutorial and in between i land to a sentence "node js is a better choice if you want to develop a data-intensive application". I...
how to draw line from one child node to another child node using d3tree? I have two collapsible tree and i want to draw line dynamically draw link means when...
I am an Instrumentation and Control Engineer from West Bengal University of Technology. I have got an offer letter from the Cognizant, as I was selected in the off campus...