BASICS OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING

Soon my colleges r going to start so can u guys tell me some good books for the basics of ECE.......... so that i can have thorough knowledge about the subject.

And tell me the important areas to focus in this course which will further help me in interviews becuz i heard that they ask basic questions.😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    pvk1234
    tell me some good books for the basics of ECE.......... so that i can have thorough knowledge about the subject.
    In Continuation with the details provided by #-Link-Snipped-# Sir. NPTEL IITm are some more study materials & video tutorials.
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    In my view a book for basics of electronics could be the one from TATA McGraw hill publishers ie.."Electronic devices and circuits" by Salivahanan and Kumar
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I had this book way back before IC chips days. Has been updated.
    Very good.
    Basic Electronics Vol 1 - US Navy | PDF
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I will suggest the bible : Integrated Electronics by Millman.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    And Communication try using Simon Haykins Digital Comm

Also check the pinned thread in this forum for further reference books
  • Pranav Khullar
    Pranav Khullar
    Thnx a lot #-Link-Snipped-# sir, But due to the weak internet connection i prefer buying books more.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    pvk1234
    Thnx a lot #-Link-Snipped-# sir, But due to the weak internet connection i prefer buying books more.
    Amazon sells this excellent book (both new and used ones):
    Amazon.com
  • Prajakta Kelapure
    Prajakta Kelapure
    Hello,
    To gain better knowledge of electronics and communication the key subjects to focus is linear circuits, signal processing, n yes microprocessors and micro-controller. After second year all the core subjects are taught. So try to develop liking into one. Then proceed with that to gain expertise in it or just develop love for that subject. 😁
  • Pranav Khullar
    Pranav Khullar
    Prajakta Kelapure
    Hello,
    To gain better knowledge of electronics and communication the key subjects to focus is linear circuits, signal processing, n yes microprocessors and micro-controller. After second year all the core subjects are taught. So try to develop liking into one. Then proceed with that to gain expertise in it or just develop love for that subject. 😁
    Thnx a lot #-Link-Snipped-# ma'am.
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    You may go for The Art of Electronics. It conatains all the basic info of the subjects related to the Electronics.
  • Shihabudheen K
    Shihabudheen K
    Basic electronics - Balaguruswamy
    Modern digital electronics - RP JAIN

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Elementary OS 0.3 Freya (Formerly known as Isis) is an Ubuntu based distribution (sadly! - It should be arch based). So, what makes eOS better than Ubuntu ? First of...
1) 2) Adding File 3) 4) Sending File .... 5) Pushbuller App UI 6) Received file 7) You can even get notification directly to desktop
All the Mechanical Engineering Students who are preparing for GATE-2015 or so may post their queries here. I will try my best to solve. P.S. I am not a GATE...
If you need any help regarding projects related to alternative fuels' testing on IC Engines, post here.
is there any specific reason behind the shape of a resistor?..... and why a load in a circuit is simply replaced by a load resistance?.....