Bandwidth distribution in a hub

suppose 10 users are connected to a hub running at 10Mbps. Then is this bandwidth divided among the 10 users or is available to each of the users as a whole?

Replies

• irfan syed
    irfan syed
    divided among all users
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    proffy
    suppose 10 users are connected to a hub running at 10Mbps. Then is this bandwidth divided among the 10 users or is available to each of the users as a whole?
    NO it will not be divided, and you can't control it. Hub is simply send the arriving package to all port, which ever port had requested it will receive it.
    Are you using HUB or switch?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Bandwidth gets divided. That is why after a certain number of hosts connections , number of collisions increase and system performance degrades.

quoting from the link provided my anoop

"Additionally, a 10/100Mbps hub must share its #-Link-Snipped-# with each and every one of its ports. So when only one PC is broadcasting, it will have access to the maximum available bandwidth. If, however, multiple PCs are broadcasting, then that bandwidth will need to be divided among all of those systems, which will degrade performance."

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ghar360, a product from TechZag Solutions Pvt. Ltd., was co-founded by Ajesh Joy and Sanju Thomas in the year 2013. Ghar360 is a cloud based 3D augmented reality platform that...
Hi I need some help. I have three comboboxes : Each combobox have following values to select : Combobox 1: English French Spanish Italian Combobox 2: English French Spanish Italian...
We would like to begin with saying that there are no standards or definitions that state what an Android device must do to be considered a “TV box.” With many...
can you recommend me a GOOD c++ book(s) which have OOPS concept and data structure both.
I guess you all might have googled iphone prices in India. As seen on eBay India, the current pricing [For the Models Ready to Buy] is Rs.79,999 for 16GB iPhone...