Bajaj Pulsar SuperSport 400 SS - Specs & Price

Bajaj Pulsar Super Sport 400SS has been unveiled at the Auto Expo In Noida. The bike looks stunning and there are a lot of interesting things about the bike, it seems. I was able to collect tech specs from the social media, but don't have any knowledge of the price of the bike. Given Bajaj's existing lineup of motorcycles and their pricing strategy, I'd expect the price of Bajaj Pulsar Super Sport 400 SS to be about Rs. 1.5L - 2L INR.

The bike indeed is flashy and stylish. Sport the metzeler tyres, the super sport boasts of a 375cc triple-spark, 4 valve, liquid-cooled, fuel injection engine. The bike will have a 6-speed gearbox; which you'd only need on freeways (rare in India, but there are options). The bike has a twin projector headlights along with a dual LED rear lamp. OF course as you'd expect in a super bike, the machine has front and rear disk brakes. I'm not sure what all color combos are on the platter; but they're going to be 2-tone.

Here are few of the photos clicked by the nicest folks at Bajaj Unveils Pulsar 400 SS SuperSport: Pics & Quick Details -

(Click for bigger image)

BajajPulsarSupersport Bajaj-Pulsar-Supersport-400

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The digital speedometer on the new Pulsar looks stunning. If someone is visiting the Auto Expo, please click a few photos for us and share them 😀

digital-speedometer

Bajaj-Pulsar-SS400-Concept
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Wow, I love the front look!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It reminds me Optimus Prime 👍, great showoff.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Front end looks awesome and triple spark with liquid cooling makes it a perfect blend.
    @#-Link-Snipped-#,
    I am expecting it to be more than 2 Lakh .
  • Shrikant Bedekar
    Shrikant Bedekar
    Mama Mia ! My MAN this bike is El-Magnifico . If I'm going for upgrading from my current bike this is it, this is it, this is it ! Love at first sight, this bike just connects with your soul and you wanna lay your hands on it the moment you see it. I don't know what else to write but simply wonder if I would have this bike and gape at it with an open mouth. Ah I'm already dreaming..............
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I am expecting it to be more than 2 Lakh .
    My bet INR. 3.5 Lakhs.

Edit: Deal with this:
    Hero Flex muscle 600cc. This bike is also at #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I strongly believe that the price of Bajaj Pulsar Super Sport bike will be in the 1.5L - 2L range. Why? because if you can afford to put more than that money in the bike - you can of course afford a better bike. Don't forget that Harley Davidson has announced Street 750 for just Rs. 4.1L. If you are a real bike freak, the Street 750 becomes a better choice for the price segment.

Coming back to the topic, I'm really excited by the kind of design innovation the new Pulsar Superspot brings in. Not that it's radically different; but something that'll grab the attention of bike enthusiasts. There are several points that will go in favor of Bajaj over its competitors.

1. Bajaj is a known name and the Pulsar brand has delivered!

2. Bajaj has an India-wide network of service centers and dealers. That will offer more confidence to the buyers. Buy a BMW instead and keep trusting your local bike servicing guy to fix your bike (if you can't, all by yourself).

Keeping the price in the right segment is going to be very essential for Bajaj. They've done it 'just right' with lower CC models of Pulsar. I think the Super Sport 400 SS will continue to rule the 'Indian Superbike' markets at least for the next few months.

Not sure what'd be the mileage this bike would offer.
  • satnamsingh
    satnamsingh
    Dude i cant wait toooo buyyyy ittttt
    It sooo awesome i loveee ittt i just saw its pic and now i will buy itttt its cooool im gonna but it on my birthday in February 2016 cause i will get 18 in 2016 its a littl sad
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Did anybody notice the taillights on this thing? They are not placed on the bike's body. Instead, you will find them on the number plate extension. That's really a matter of choice if you will like it or not, but personally I think that's not at all a good design. May be I am not much of a fan of such funky changes. ☕

What are your thoughts, people?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill ​ We cover ourselves under various insurance policies such as life insurance, health insurance etc....
HTC has been in quieter zone for considerable time now. But if the recent rumors are to be believed, the company might soon launch another flagship phone. Today, a Russian...
I am a student of BE Computer Science in 4th year. I dont like programming , i am very good at designing and art , and i am also planning...
Honda Motorcycles India has announced that they'll bring the much awaited Honda CBR 650F in India in 2016. The production of the bike is expected to being next year; but...
​ After it was confirmed that Satya Nadella will be the CEO of Microsoft, people worldwide (and CE) have been placing high hopes on him to make the brand Microsoft...