B.Ed. After B.Tech / B.E. for engineering grads - Is it a good career choice?

B.Ed. After B.Tech / B.E. for engineering grads - Is it a good career choice?

A lot of engineering students aspire to become teachers. As some guy wisely said - In India students first become engineering graduates, and then decide what they want from their career.

Therefore, it's a phenomenon unique to India that B.E. or B.Tech graduates want to pursue career in teaching in primary-level, middle or high schools.

This might mean to some that they are leaving behind their technical careers, but it is a reality for majority and we must embrace it - till the time comes when serious amendments are made to the education system.

Students who come to big cities from remote villages for engineering have to sometimes return to their hometown because of lack of job opportunities or other responsibilities.

One of the many logical career choices for them is - going for a career in teaching.

Some would say that, getting a M.Tech degree would be the best thing to do, as most (not all) M.Tech degree holders opt for the jobs of professors in engineering colleges. However, if you ask me, I think engineering freshers teaching young school children seems like a much better picture to me than M.Tech freshers teaching B.Tech students.

So, this discussion is all about discussing opportunities of doing B.Ed. after B.Tech / B.E and how engineers can chart their paths in this territory.

Let's start with the first and foremost obvious questions -

Can I do B.Ed after B.Tech or B.E.?

Yes. Absolutely. Until 2015, some universities didn't allow B.Tech students to opt for B.Ed. courses, but now most have lifted such criteria.

For teaching primary schools the teachers require D.Ed.

For teaching secondary school onwards, the teachers require B.Ed

(As there are specific methods to teach each subject.)

Eligibility Criteria for doing B.Ed after B.Tech or B.E.

10+2 OR Graduation (B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc., B.Com, B.A) from recognised university with at least 50% marks.

You have to take the entrance exam of respective university OR college and score well to get a seat in your desired college.

Entrance Exam preparation subjects for B.Ed.

In general, you will see the following topics:

1. General Aptitude

2. Quantitative Aptitude

3. General Awareness

4. English Comprehensive

List of B.Ed. Entrance Exams

1. Indira Gandhi National Open University B.Ed Entrance

2. Uttar Pradesh B.Ed Entrance Test

3. Maharashtra B.Ed Entrance Exam

4. Delhi University B.Ed Entrance Exam

5. Mumbai University B.Ed Entrance Exam

6. Guru Nanak Dev University B.Ed Joint Entrance Test

7. Punjab University Entrance Exam

8. B.Ed Entrance Exam Pune

9. Chaudhary Charan Singh University B.Ed Entrance Exam

10. Kerala B.Ed Entrance Exam

... There are many other top colleges and it is recommended that you take the B.Ed exam in your place of convenience.

That's all for now. I will update the discussion with more information. If you have any questions or have something to add to this, please post below.

Update: Pros and Cons of Career in Teaching for Engineers

Choosing a career path is a highly individual decision, influenced by one's skills, interests, values, and career goals. If you're considering a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) after a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) or Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), it seems you're interested in combining your technical knowledge with education. Let's break this down from multiple angles:

Pros of B.Ed after B.E/B.Tech:

1. Utilisation of technical expertise: You can utilise your technical knowledge to teach and inspire future generations of engineers and technologists.

2. Growing demand for STEM educators: There's a high demand for educators in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields. With a B.E/B.Tech and a B.Ed, you would be well-equipped to meet this demand.

3. Work-life balance: Teaching often provides a more predictable and balanced schedule than many corporate jobs.

4. Job satisfaction: If you have a passion for teaching, the joy of imparting knowledge and shaping the lives of young minds can lead to high job satisfaction.

Cons of B.Ed after B.E/B.Tech:

1. Potential lower initial earnings: Teachers' salaries may be lower than what engineers can earn in corporate roles, especially in the initial years.

2. Additional years of study: Pursuing a B.Ed requires additional time investment and potentially additional financial costs for tuition and other expenses.

3. Transition challenges: Transitioning from an engineering to an educational environment can be challenging. You will need to adapt your communication skills to be effective in the classroom, which can be quite different from a corporate or technical setting.

4. Pressure and stress: Despite the potential for work-life balance, teaching can be stressful due to administrative pressures, managing diverse student needs, and the accountability of educational outcomes.

Other Options for Engineers in the Education Field:

1. STEM Education Consultant: Companies, non-profits, and government agencies often hire consultants to help design and implement STEM education programs.

2. Corporate Trainer: Many companies hire technical trainers to teach their employees new technologies and skills.

3. EdTech: With the rise of educational technology, there's a significant demand for individuals who understand both education and technology. Roles might include designing educational software or platforms, developing educational content, or data analysis.

4. Higher Education: Instead of teaching at the K-12 level, you might consider teaching at a community college or university. This typically requires a master’s degree or PhD, but you could also consider adjunct teaching roles or positions that value industry experience.

5. Content Creation: If you enjoy writing or creating multimedia content, you could create educational materials for textbooks, e-learning platforms, YouTube channels, etc.

I think, a B.Ed after B.E/B.Tech can indeed be a good career choice if your interests align with teaching and you're willing to face the challenges associated with it.

Ultimately, the choice depends on what you value most in your career—whether that's income potential, work-life balance, job satisfaction, or other factors.

Also, keep in mind that the field of education offers a range of roles that can leverage your engineering knowledge and skills, so teaching in a classroom isn't the only option.

I hope you find this useful. Let me know if you have further questions.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have just found out that minimum score in graduation for B.Ed course can vary from university to university. But in most colleges it is capped at 50-55%. So, if you have that kind of a decent score in your B.Tech or B.E., you are definitely eligible to go for B.Ed. course. There are certain universities where they only demand that you have a valid graduation degree from a recognised university. They don't even ask for your scores.

I also found that after clearing B.Ed, you will also become eligible for the CTET or TET examination which is necessary for recruitment as a teacher.

If anyone has any more information, please do share. It can help other students who are looking for the career as a teacher.
  • Feather
    Feather
    Hey Ankita, thanks for this information. A friend of mine wants to become a school teacher in her hometown. She had done B.E. from a private engineering college. She thinks teaching is in her blood. She used to take tuition classes for students in her locality during her engineering days. She gave 2 attempts for GATE in last two years, but is not getting the college of her choice. Now, she is seriously considering doing B.Ed. and starting to teach in local schools. She told me that there are very few good teachers in schools in their area. In most places, only one teacher is taking all the subjects. She wants to start with Maths & Science and also teach IT to 8th-10th classes. I think this post will help her out. I am sharing it right away.
    Thanks again!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's great to hear #-Link-Snipped-# I believe she can benefit from taking hands-on lessons in "how to teach" by joining local schools. I will try to gather more information about B.Ed after B.E. and post it here. Meanwhile, if you can share some more practical help or advise here, please do post!
  • ashok sharma
    ashok sharma
    Hey it's really helpful. I am also an engineering graduate and presently teaching in a reputed institute. I was trying to apply for B.ed but I think Rajasthan government has not yet allowed engineers to go for B.ed. I want to know if I can complete B.ed from some other university without leaving my job.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Yes. Definitely. The choices are many. You will need to first narrow down your search. Find the cities where you can continue your studies and still have a job. Let us know if there is a specific city you have in mind. We will have to search for B.Ed courses in that area and the eligibility criteria for those specific universities.
  • ibothra
    ibothra
    Hey Ankita, thanks for the info.
    However could you please let me know if there are any universities for BEd courses where teaching experience is not mandatory for applying ,as for BEd from IGNOU requires teaching experience.
    I have a Btech degree with 1 year IT experience but no official teaching experience.
    I love and enjoy teaching, and want to take it as profession now, I have taken tution classes of students upto class 5 during my engineering and really enjoyed that.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# There are several universities that do not demand prior teaching experience to apply for their B.Ed. courses. Are you looking for some particular city for this course? It will be easy to narrow down your search if you ask for more specific details.
  • ibothra
    ibothra
    It would be grt if I can opt it from kolkata/west bengal or Patna. However I am ready to relocate to any city if there is a better option.
  • Tamanna Agrawal
    Tamanna Agrawal
    Its a very nice post for all the engineers who are planning to work as a teacher. B ed is a much much better option nowadays as the private colleges also pay very less to M Tech holders as compared to schools.
  • gireesh punjot
    gireesh punjot
    Are there any institutions which allow B.ed course to BE/ BETECH degree holders in Rajasthan?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    gireesh punjot
    Are there any institutions which allow B.ed course to BE/ BETECH degree holders in Rajasthan?
    Yes. There are many!

To get admission into B.Ed course in Rajasthan, there are many entrance tests conducted such as the Pre-Teacher Education Test (PTET).
    Eligibility Criteria: At least 43% marks in aggregate in the Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree examination.
    You can find more information about this exam online.

I have attached here a list of all B.Ed Colleges in Rajasthan -
  • Kumar Ravi Raj
    Kumar Ravi Raj
    I am B. Tech.Electronics & Communication Engineering (2010 batch) from Bikaner Rajasthan with first division.
    I discussed with a teacher about BEd, but he is saying that after completing the BEd the main problem for the B Tech students is about subject selection in their teaching.

He also added that if there is any course which contains the Mathematics or Science subject, you can easily be appointed after the selection until there is no meaning of holding another degree of BEd.

Please guide me is any subject for BTech (E&C) after selection, if not then there is no meaning of wasting time and money on BEd.
  • raRahul chaturvedi
    raRahul chaturvedi
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    After the completion of my B.ed for which grade i am eligible in samvida , i mean i hv done my BE and currently running Bed , bcz for grade 1 D.ed is must
    and for grade2 B.ED is must and my question is that i m eligible for grade 1 r not?
  • Poornima pandey
    Poornima pandey
    Hello Anita nd everyone my name is poornima Pandey

I have done my B.E (in Electronics & telecommunication)

Also I have 1 yr of I.T experience as well.currently m doing job.

But I want to opt for teaching nd take it as my career nd profession.

i do not have any experience in teaching. But I feel that I can perform better in teaching rather than technical field.

Really need ur help.plzz guide me how to go about it.??

I love to teach English.
  • Shiwali Khatavkar
    Shiwali Khatavkar
    I have completed B.E. (Computer Science)in 2008. After that I got job in teaching field only. When I joined this field I found interesting and suitable for me. So I decided to do B.ed. I gained 94 out of 150 in MHCET-B.ed. Now all people are telling that I am not elligible for B.ed. Will I get admission in B.ed college. how to select subject because I want to go for Computer Science. Please help me in this regards.
  • Ajay Kaushal
    Ajay Kaushal
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#, Iam Ajay Kaushal I have done(completed in 2009) diploma 3 year(ECE) and than Btch(ECE in 2012 completed) 3year because dimploma student in punjab technical university will get admission direct in 2nd year in btech course (they known as a leet student).

I want to do Bed but but some colleges are saying you are not eleigible because of subjects. Iam really confusied noe becuase 3year dimploma student is equivalent to +2 and after 3 year btech student is considered equivalent to graduation. 1 have both Science and Math subjects like in +1 and +2 in dipolma 1year AND Maths subject in Btech 2nd year which is known as M3.

My query is I want to do Bed in Maths and science SO, could i eleigble for that or not???
  • Ajay Kaushal
    Ajay Kaushal
    Hi Ankita Katdare, Iam Ajay Kaushal I have done(completed in 2009) diploma 3 year(ECE) and than Btch(ECE in 2012 completed) 3year because dimploma student in punjab technical university will get admission direct in 2nd year in btech course (they known as a leet student).

I want to do Bed but but some colleges are saying you are not eleigible because of subjects. Iam really confusied noe becuase 3year dimploma student is equivalent to +2 and after 3 year btech student is considered equivalent to graduation. 1 have both Science and Math subjects like in +1 and +2 in dipolma 1year AND Maths subject in Btech 2nd year which is known as M3.

My query is I want to do Bed in Maths and science SO, could i eleigble for that or not???

Please note: Iam diploma and than Btech holder
  • Nishthaw
    Nishthaw
    Hi i have done my b.tech in ece and m.tech in vlsi. And now pursuing my phd. I wanted to know after completing my phd am i eligible to teach as a Pgt in schools and can i apply in KVs also for a pgt maths or physics?
  • Brahma Datta
    Brahma Datta
    Good morning mam..
    I have done my btech...
    but i dont want to go for software and i am trying for groups...
    so after writing the group exam i want to teach in cbse schools till i get result...
    though i know only b.ed students can apply for the post of cbse school teacher...
    but i have seen in internet that some of the btech students are teaching in cbse schools...
    so is it necessary to do B.ed mam.....and is there any posts related to groups mam pls reply....
  • Jatashankar Porwal
    Jatashankar Porwal
    Screenshot_2016-07-31-21-21-48 Screenshot_2016-07-31-21-25-18
    Can somebody give update on this news.
  • Jatashankar Porwal
    Jatashankar Porwal
    Dear Ankita Mam & all,
    Look into the news attachment & share your views. How a engeeniring graduate can be benifitted doing B. Ed after B. Tech or B. E. ?
  • selim jahangir
    selim jahangir
    mam i have complete my b.tech in cse...am i eligible for ssc exam without b.ED??plz tel me immediate..
  • Ashwini Kumar
    Ashwini Kumar
    Hello Mam,
    I had completed my B.tech in Electrical and electronics branch in 2014 and then B.ed. Am i eligible to teach mathematics to primary and secondary students?
  • Ashwini Kumar
    Ashwini Kumar
    Hello Mam,
    I had completed my B.tech in Electrical and electronics branch in 2014 and then B.ed. Am i eligible to teach mathematics to primary and secondary students?
  • Ashwini Kumar
    Ashwini Kumar
    hello mam,
    I had completed my b.tech and then b.ed. Am i eligible to teach mathematics to primary and secondary level students?
  • cheyush patel
    cheyush patel
    Ashwini1078
    Hello Mam,
    hi friend ....i am alos B.E IT CANDIDATE IF U ARE COMPLETE YOUR B.ED THAN THERE IS NO PROVISION IN MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OF TEACHERS FOR B.E OR B.TECH CANDIDATE SO U WISH COME NOT TRUE ....MORE DETAIL CONTACT ME
  • cheyush patel
    cheyush patel
    i am file RTI in NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) for uddating the regulation for minimum qualification of teachers..b.e and b.tech student only get admission in b.ed but the question is ...see the attachment file...till today only B.A/B.SC +B.ED + TET PASS STUDENT ARE ELIGIBLE ......STILL NO B.E OR B.TECH DEGREE ADD IN MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OF TEACHERS.
  • Jatashankar Porwal
    Jatashankar Porwal
    cheyush patel
    hi friend ....i am alos B.E IT CANDIDATE IF U ARE COMPLETE YOUR B.ED THAN THERE IS NO PROVISION IN MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OF TEACHERS FOR B.E OR B.TECH CANDIDATE SO U WISH COME NOT TRUE ....MORE DETAIL CONTACT ME
    Please share ur contact number...
  • cheyush patel
    cheyush patel
    Jatashankar Porwal
    Please share ur contact number...
  • Ashwini Kumar
    Ashwini Kumar
    I had completed my B.ed in 2014-15 batch after completing B.tech in 2010-14. But according to new NCTE norm, B.tech students were allowed to do B.ed from 2015 batch.
    Is that my degree is valid or become fake?
  • ashish pundir
    ashish pundir
    hie Ankita ,actually i am doing b.tech in civil and this is my last year and next year i am going to drop for my further preparation so i am thinking that in my that drop year can i pursue B.ed for distant learning. So is that possible for me to do that?
    In my drop year i am going to prepare for govt. jobs in my technical field and i also want that i do a parallel degree with my preparation as well. That's why i want to do B.ed course if possible with my preparation.
    please guide me as best to your knowledge please.
  • vishal singla
    vishal singla
    Hello
    Thanks for this good information provided above
    I have completed b.tech. in ECE and qualified GATE exam with average score 500 rank 6000 and currently teaching physics in a CBSE school now as per requirements while doing job i want to do MSC and B.ed
    I am so confused ffrom where and how to do MSC and Bed. and which stream will be fruitful MSC(electronics/nuclear...) please guide me
    also tell me if there can be any scholarship from MHRD through GATE

please give your valuable comments...
  • vishal singla
    vishal singla
    can a M.Tech. electronics is eligible to apply as a PGT in CBSE recruitment if he did B.Ed

please clarify
  • Haripal Singh Khichi
    Haripal Singh Khichi
    Madam please help me,
    I have done b.tech in computer science nd engg. in 2013.
    now, I m govt employee in Rajasthan govt. from September 13.
    I want to do b.ed!!!
    can it possible with my job, in jodhpur Rajasthan?
    plz suggest me
  • A.K.Aishwarya Kalarickel
    A.K.Aishwarya Kalarickel
    Hi mam I am AK AISHWARYA , I had completed my Btech.(ECE), I am very Interested in teaching higher secondary schools,,so what should I opt for having as a profession of teacher in govt. schools ,,after completing B.ed which exams I hav to attempt. or without B.ed I can attempt for TET ,SET etc..
  • A.K.Aishwarya Kalarickel
    A.K.Aishwarya Kalarickel
    Hi I am aishwarya,, I m actually preparing for PSU exams so can I apply for B.ed distantly ..,,if I complete B.ed wht all exams I hav 2 attempt to get a post as a teacher in govt. schools.....pls clarify
  • cheyush patel
    cheyush patel
    I need the candidate contact who want to do b.ed and now doing b.ed to fight against NCTE to change the minimum qualification for teacher for B.E and B.Tech candidate......9909304455
  • Rakshith k Bhairanatti
    Rakshith k Bhairanatti
    I have completed my B.E in june 2016, I love maths, i want to cotinue teaching in maths, so what can i do M.sc maths is better or B.ed?
  • ind123
    ind123
    Respected mam

my self inderpal working in raymond i have one question regarding CTET exam

A btech electrical student with bed in maths, science , ctet qualified,
    CSB written & Interview cleared is eligible to be TGT maths?? If not then why universities like pu, lovely, ju allowed b.tech students to do b.ed?

sir actually my wife is working as teacher from last 7 years in army public school. but now principle told her that she is not eligible for TGT Math
    please suggest us what to do sir Principal is ready to give one year contract instead of 3 year he said she is not elogible for the same
    same question we also put to CBSE board. under the act 2005 RITS
    Please help us and revert with your valuable reply..

• ind123
    ind123
    Dear Ankita Mam

CSB written & Interview cleared is eligible to be TGT maths?? If not then why universities like pu, lovely, ju allowed b.tech students to do b.ed?

sir actually my wife is working as teacher from last 7 years in army public school. but now principle told her that she is not eligible for TGT Math
    please suggest us what to do sir Principal is ready to give one year contract instead of 3 year he said she is not elogible for the same
    same question we also put to CBSE board. under the act 2005 Right to information

please guide us what we do now
  • ind123
    ind123
    Jatashankar Porwal
    Can somebody give update on this news.
    any update for thos news
  • ind123
    ind123
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of engineering students aspire to become teachers. As some guy wisely said - In India students first become engineering graduates, and then decide what they want from their career. Therefore, it's a phenomenon unique to India that B.E. or B.Tech graduates want to pursue career in teaching in primary-level, middle or high schools. This might mean to some that they are leaving behind their technical careers, but it is a reality for majority and we must embrace it - till the time comes when serious amendments are made to the education system.

Students who come to big cities from remote villages for engineering have to sometimes return to their hometown because of lack of job opportunities or other responsibilities. One of the many logical career choices for them is - going for a career in teaching.

Some would say that, getting a M.Tech degree would be the best thing to do, as most (not all) M.Tech degree holders opt for the jobs of professors in engineering colleges. However, if you ask me, I think engineering freshers teaching young school children seems like a much better picture to me than M.Tech freshers teaching B.Tech students.

So, this discussion is all about discussing opportunities of doing B.Ed. after B.Tech / B.E and how engineers can chart their paths in this territory.

• Can I do B.Ed after B.Tech or B.E.?
    Yes. Absolutely. Until 2015, some universities didn't allow B.Tech students to opt for B.Ed. courses, but now most have lifted such criteria.

• Eligibility Criteria for doing B.Ed after B.Tech or B.E.
    10+2 OR Graduation (B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc., B.Com, B.A) from recognized university with at least 50% marks. You have to take the entrance exam of respective university OR college and score well to get a seat in your desired college.
    • Entrance Exam preparation subjects for B.Ed.
    1. General Aptitude
    2. Quantitative Aptitude
    3. General Awareness
    4. English Comprehensive
    • List of B.Ed. Entrance Exams
    ... There are many other top colleges and it is recommended that you take the B.Ed exam in your place of convenience.

That's all for now. I will update the discussion with more information. If you have any questions or have something to add to this, please post below.
    ankita mam is cbse allow btech student to teach cbse bord student
  • Lakshay Girdhar
    Lakshay Girdhar
    cheyush patel
    i am file RTI in NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) for uddating the regulation for minimum qualification of teachers..b.e and b.tech student only get admission in b.ed but the question is ...see the attachment file...till today only B.A/B.SC +B.ED + TET PASS STUDENT ARE ELIGIBLE ......STILL NO B.E OR B.TECH DEGREE ADD IN MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OF TEACHERS.
    It is not specifically mentioned in the document that only B. Sc/BA are eligible? They have just written graduate and post-graduate with 50% are eligible. Now we need to confirm whether the word "graduate" includes B. Tech/B. E or not?
  • Lakshay Girdhar
    Lakshay Girdhar
    ind123
    Respected mam

same question we also put to CBSE board. under the act 2005 RITS

One question..if she is not eligible then why the school allowed her to continue for the 7 seven years in the first place?
    As far as guidelines are concerned, Army Public Schools are not bound to follow any provisions from the government as they are run by Army Welfare Education Society which is a private organization whose schools are affiliated to CBSE, so the only school has to decide whether a faculty is eligible or not.
    Also, you can write to the Army Welfare Education Society's governing council's members to know about their guidelines (Don't let them know she served 7 years and now principal says she is not eligible, just ask them formally)
    It may be a conspiracy against the faculty by the principal
  • chahal
    chahal
    Hello Sir, I have completed my B.tech in plastic technology. I want a carrier in teaching field now. Please suggest what should I do for TGT/PGT post in Uttar pradesh.
    1. Can I do MA math in private and B.ed in regular in session 2017, then I will pass my B.ed in 2019 and BA (Math) in 2020.If I have done these courses, Am I eligible for TGT (Math) ??
    2. Is it compulsory that we should complete our graduation (In the steams for which we are going to apply for TGT) before our B.ed degree.
    3. If we are passing out two degrees (BA/B.ed) (one private/one regular) in the same year. Are these degree valid for TGT??
    Please suggest .. I will be highly thankful to you/your team.
  • pravesh milan tambe
    pravesh milan tambe
    Hey ankita i'm BE graduate now with 48% so can i apply for B.ed please please help me in mumbai
  • Ankur shandilya
    Ankur shandilya
    Mam, I have done my btech but don't have any teaching experience which is a prerequisite for b.ed in ignou. Can you please help me by naming other universities for the course. Preferably in ranchi, jharkhand. Where there is no such requirements. If not then please advice me on how to get this teaching experience course. I will be highly obliged .
    [
    Shiwali Mayank Khatavkar
    I have completed B.E. (Computer Science)in 2008. After that I got job in teaching field only. When I joined this field I found interesting and suitable for me. So I decided to do B.ed. I gained 94 out of 150 in MHCET-B.ed. Now all people are telling that I am not elligible for B.ed. Will I get admission in B.ed college. how to select subject because I want to go for Computer Science. Please help me in this regards.
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of engineering students aspire to become teachers. As some guy wisely said - In India students first become engineering graduates, and then decide what they want from their career. Therefore, it's a phenomenon unique to India that B.E. or B.Tech graduates want to pursue career in teaching in primary-level, middle or high schools. This might mean to some that they are leaving behind their technical careers, but it is a reality for majority and we must embrace it - till the time comes when serious amendments are made to the education system.

Students who come to big cities from remote villages for engineering have to sometimes return to their hometown because of lack of job opportunities or other responsibilities. One of the many logical career choices for them is - going for a career in teaching.

10+2 OR Graduation (B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc., B.Com, B.A) from recognized university with at least 50% marks. You have to take the entrance exam of respective university OR college and score well to get a seat in your desired college.
    1. General Aptitude
    2. Quantitative Aptitude
    3. General Awareness
    4. English Comprehensive

• ranaHemantkumar
    ranaHemantkumar
    Don't ever do this mistake: of doing b.ed. after b.tech. because you may be eligible for b.ed. but you will not be eligible for any governenment teacher job as they need graduation in concerned subject.
    For e.g. if you want to be maths teacher then you must have bed. in maths and graduation in maths like b.a with maths, b.sc. with maths etc. so b.tech are certainly not eligible
    I have wasted my 30K money and one year in pursuing b.ed. till i came to know the above fact . If you are not trusting me consult any teacher nearby you.
  • ranaHemantkumar
    ranaHemantkumar
    Ankita Katdare

1. General Aptitude
    2. Quantitative Aptitude
    3. General Awareness
    4. English Comprehensive

>>>>>>>

This post is misleading and I request crazyengineers to remove it asap because of below given reason:
    Don't ever do this mistake: of doing b.ed. after b.tech. because you may be eligible for b.ed. but you will not be eligible for any governenment teacher job as they need graduation in concerned subject.
    For e.g. if you want to be maths teacher then you must have bed. in maths and graduation in maths like b.a with maths, b.sc. with maths etc. so b.tech are certainly not eligible
    I have wasted my 30K money and one year in pursuing b.ed. till i came to know the above fact . If you are not trusting me consult any govt. teacher nearby you.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for pointing this out and for sharing your experience. Are you sure that government teacher jobs in all states across India demand graduation in a concerned subject? Chances are that it's related to a specific state.
  • ranaHemantkumar
    ranaHemantkumar
    Not sure about all states but i think its applied to most of them . I am sure for Haryana and Uttar Pardesh.
    And one more thing: computer teachers in government or private schools don't need to have b.ed. they can apply with current degree like bca. No b.ed. required for them. B.tech. are not eligible there also as they need bca or b.sc. with computer science.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @ranaHemanthKumar : Agree with you. On the eligibility and also with respect to having Bsc (until 7th or 8th class) and msc (to teach in high school) this is true in case of government jobs.

The post is about teaching job, and there is no harm in trying for private schools/colleges , though they also need the specific skills but depending on the skills one possess this should not be a hurdle.

Bottom line for everyone - In case you are trying for government jobs please go through the official notification of the specific state and check the eligibility criteria.

As Hemanth mentioned most of the states need Bsc along with Bed for government jobs.
  • D Rohith Rahul
    D Rohith Rahul
    I have graduated from state govt university in mechanical engineering. I am interested in mathematics. I want to reach mathematics for 10+2 ( intermediate students) how can I apply for lecturer posts or am I eligible for such posts please solve my query
  • D Rohith Rahul
    D Rohith Rahul
    I have graduated from state govt university in mechanical engineering. I am interested in mathematics. I want to reach mathematics for 10+2 ( intermediate students) how can I apply for lecturer posts or am I eligible for such posts please solve my query
  • Riddhi Kumar
    Riddhi Kumar
    yes the career option to choose B.ed after doing B.Tech is fine as if you are not getting job in the engineering field or you have interest in Teaching
    You can also go for GATE or CSIR NET Exam to make career in lectureship
  • Anjali Kulkarni
    Anjali Kulkarni
    I think it is due less job insecurity lots of engineering grads opt for other career options that are not related to technical education that they had pursued but it is true that lots of engineers find there passion in-between the engineering or after engineering. Nice post
    Ankita Katdare

1. General Aptitude
    2. Quantitative Aptitude
    3. General Awareness
    4. English Comprehensive

• Nitesh Pareek
    Nitesh Pareek

I am going to make a new group of engineers who want to do b.ed we will fight for our right.

Kindly message on my whatsup number 

Nitesh pareek

• Nitesh Pareek
    Nitesh Pareek

I am going to make a new group of engineers who want to do b.ed we will fight for our right.

Nitesh pareek

Sent a msg and write that i am with you in fight for engineers right for teaching job and do b.ed

• Nitesh Pareek
    Nitesh Pareek

Nitesh pareek

Sent a msg and write that i am with you in fight for engineers right for teaching job and do b.ed

• Nitesh Pareek
    Nitesh Pareek

Nitesh pareek

• Abhishek Gusain
    Abhishek Gusain

If I choose Maths or Physics for B.ed then do I need to possess 50% marks in Maths or Physics separately along with 55% marks in overall Btech?

Refer this from prospectus.

• Anusha Immanuel
    Anusha Immanuel

Hi

I have done my B.E. Mechanical engineering after completing my diploma in mechatronics. I have not done 12th. I want to do B .Ed. Am I eligible for it? Because many universities mentioned 10,+2 and UG as eligibility criteria.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - since you've already completed B.E; you can teach in schools without needing any extra degree. However, you need to check if you are eligible for promotions in the school. Only the schools will be able to inform you about it. 

However, if you are inclined towards teaching profession; a better option would be to opt for M.Tech and then you will be eligible to join engineering or junior colleges as a lecturer. 

For you specific doubt - I don't think you need to worry about 12+2 criteria because you've already completed the BE degree. 

• Hemlata Sahu
    Hemlata Sahu

I am also doing B.Ed after B.E, but now in samvida exam.varg 1 is not allow to apply engineering students, so what will be our future after doing B.Ed.

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# Are you saying that under Samvida Shikshak Bharti 2018, B.E. graduates are not allowed to pursue B.E.? I am sure they won't apply the rule for those who have already enrolled in B.Ed. programs. Can you please share more information on this?

• Avinash Pandey
    Avinash Pandey

Hey Ankita, Good Afternoon first.

I'm Avinash and I've done Civil Engineering, like many other fellow engineering graduates I have realized that I love teaching, I taught in private school and the satisfaction was phenomenal. I just want to ask if I'll be able to teach subjects apart from PCM, like English and Geography(I really love geography) in government schools. Or for that matter will government schools even consider us engineering graduates to be as par with the science graduates to teach science and maths?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#  - welcome to CrazyEngineers.

I found this -

ttMJ-become-a-teacher-india.jpg

You should be able to teach the subjects you desire based upon the requirement at the school you join. 

However, you'll first need the required qualifications. 

• Anurag Sharma
    Anurag Sharma

I went to ignou jaipur.They told me i can't do b.ed . I have completed my b.tech. please clear it. I am already teaching in a private school.

• Alisha Tandon
    Alisha Tandon

#-Link-Snipped-# - Did they allow you to teach in private school without B.Ed? 

• Ankush Jindal
    Ankush Jindal

Hello Ankita

After B. Tech. If i do B. Ed. Would i be allowed for taking government  exams of 2nd and 3rd grade teacher. Without doing B. A. 

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# Following is the eligibility criteria for Grade 2 exam applicants.

Graduate or equivalent Examination with concerned subject as optional subject and Degree or Diploma in Education recognised by National Council for Teacher Education
    &
    Working Knowledge of Hindi written in Devnagri Script and Knowledge of Rajasthani culture.

Graduate or equivalent Examination with at least two of the following Subjects as Optional Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Micro-Biology, Bio-Technology and Bio-Chemistry and Degree or Diploma in Education recognised by National Council for Teacher Education
    &
    Working Knowledge of Hindi written in Devnagri Script and Knowledge of Rajasthani culture.

Graduate or equivalent Examination with at least two subjects out of the subjects- History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration and Philosophy as optional subjects
    &
    Degree or Diploma in Education recognised by Government of Rajasthan.
    &

So I think you need one of these additional degree/diploma to become eligible.

• EnviroPREP .
    EnviroPREP .

Helo ankita.... But...have you know any information about Bed+BE+CTET students whether they allow for KVS Or NAVODAYA vidhyalaa exam? becoz the criteria for these exam says that.....  during your ug Or pg All year either Physics Or Math....  must be as one subject but in case of BE Or Btech all year not these subjects are....please reply I am a civil engineering student.... Please reply with accurate information and clarity.. 

• Monali A.
    Monali A.

Is there seperate b ed entrance exam ti take admission in maharashtra specially thane city and mumbai ?

Also can someone let me know top colleges of thane and mumbai to take admission

• Mohit G
    Mohit G

Read about the exam here: #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# 

• Chandan Kumar
    Chandan Kumar

Teacher after engineering-

We must try to think ,Is it ok to be like others who are working in IT companies for 8lakhs p.a and happy ( financially) .It is not only the #Teaching do # whatever u like if u really [FEEL]. Keep yourself aways from external effect and @ASK YOURSELF ₹ What is really want .If the answer is  still puzzling +₹ Make a list of thing u dam mad about & fine the pattern .Solve the puzzle of ur life urself ..If u can not do this u don't have to the right to be called a @ successful .

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Important Note: If you wish to ask questions about B.Ed after B.E / B.Tech, please join the special #-Link-Snipped-#. Questions asked in Discussions will be deleted.  :

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a bid to converge virtual and real world experience in mainstream computing, HP has announced Sprout Pro- an updated version of Sprout platform launched earlier. The new version will...
Stephen Hawking hasn’t allowed an Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) to diminish his robust ideas. The celebrity physicist and cosmologist has yet again come up with a big assertion, this time...
opportunities within your networks 1. Australia Award Scholarship (https://australiaawardsindo.or.id) 2. LPDP Scholarsh hip (Domain Default page) 3. DIKTI Scholarship a. Dalam Negeri (https://www.beasiswa.dikti.go.id/dn/)b. Luar Negeri (https://beasiswa.dikti.go.id/ln/) 4. Turkey Government Scholarship...
Dr David Labonte and his colleagues at the University of Cambridge’s Zoology Department have, much to the disappointment of fans, revealed that Spider-man cannot exist in the real world! The...
Suggest any FPGA project with material