Awesome movies - Science fiction!

Since we already have similar suggestion threads, why not start a movie suggestion/discussion one here on CE?

I am a Huge (yes, a capital H) movie buff, and I want to let others know of the gems I have seen and appreciated. I am sure many of you feel the same way, too! So lets go. One movie suggestion at a time! One Genre at a time.

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Can I say "The Terminator" here? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Sure you can!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My all time favourite - Jurassic Park. I remember being thrilled at the sight of dinosaurs. Hit 'agree' if you loved the movie Jurassic Park! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The two movies I saw in the later part of 2014, which both left me baffled were -

1. Transcendence
    Dr. Will Caster (Johnny Depp) is the foremost researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence, working to create a sentient machine that combines the collective intelligence of everything ever known with the full range of human emotions.

2. Her
    An American science fiction comedy-drama film that follows Theodore Twombly (Joaquin Phoenix), a man who develops a relationship with Samantha (Scarlett Johansson), an intelligent computer operating system personified through a female voice.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Star trek sequels fan here.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    In recent years ..
    Coherence (2013) - IMDb- lowest budget sci-fi movie , more kind of logician movie. It will leave your mind twisted.
    Source Code - It's own kind of thriller
    Rise/Dawn of Planet of the apes
    Moon (2009) -
    Inception (2010)

and of-course,
    Interstellar (2014) - Try to watch in highest possible graphics (IMAX).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have stopped seeing movies very long back. Sci FI is still my favourite in fiction. Schhool days fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. His book 'The Lost World' (Precursor to the Jurassic Park) was filmed in 1960, which I saw. No special effects. Live lizards only could be used as dinos. Still, I liked it.

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Here goes some unique Sci-Fi from the top of my mind, right now:
    • Source code
    • Limitless (awesome movie)
    • The time machine
    • Equilibrium
    • X-men
    • In time
    • Spiderman (It's a sci-fi, right..)
    • Wall-E (animated movie,but good )
    • The incredible hulk
    and lots more,, but right now only these came to mind ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Here are the best sci-fi movies I deem worth mentioning:

1) Primer: Directed by an electrical engineer. Mind bending level : 9000! Must watch. An indie movie.

2) Timecrimes: Spanish movie, but awesome time traveling science! Language is not a barrier, find English subtitles and watch it now!

3) Looper: This is original script. Do make it to your watch list.

4) Mr. Nobody: If this doesn't twist your wiring, you are not paying attention.

5) Gattaca: Ohh that need to be in outer space. Totally awesome!

6) The Astronaut farmer: Sci-fi drama. What would you give to realize your dream?

7) Existenz: Inception is original, huh? Go ahead, give this a shot.

8) 12 Monkeys: Surprised nobody mentioned this before. Timeless classic!

9) Donnie Darko: David Lynch'sh sci-fi. Doesn't really fall in one genre, but a must watch nonetheless.

10) I-origins: A recently released, Sundance movie. Great watch.

More to come, as my mind allows recollection.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    \\// - live long and prosper.
    Anyone watching star trek series for the first time might feel the setup is quite lame - but the whole creativity , makers of the show have shown , like teleportation, mobile phones, tablets, beaming, torpedoes, time travel , mind reading, shields โ€” i can just go on.. is just pure genius. Conversation between Spock and Dr.Mc Coy are just the final touch ups which were brilliant in their own way.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Looks like the weekends are ready to get busier for me. ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for the list! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    "The Matrix Trilogy", most amazing science fiction ever made.
    And "Primer" is around the top too!
  • Mohamed Shameem
    Mohamed Shameem
    These are my Best and All Time Favourite Movies.
    Exam[2009]
    Inception (2010)
    Oceans 11
    Push (2009)
    Se7en ( 1995 )
    Source Code
    The Dark Knight (2008)
    The Italian Job [2003]
    The Usual Suspects (1995)
    Opt-mirrors
    Vantage.Point[2008]
    Unthinkable.2010

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have a look: https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/meet-the-80-people-who-are-as-rich-as-half-the-world/ Now, the struggle of going from 99% to 1% is nothing new. But as you can see from the list, there are a handful of tech...
i am using wamp server for past 6 months in my system (windows 7, 64bit) but yesterday i install xampp server for some purpose but then i just uninstalled it...
asokfair submitted a new project: RGB Star - Light up the Xmas Star in a Smart Way This is a simple project using Low power ARM controller.In this project the...
The winner of Mars One University competition will help in bringing life to Mars. Yes, you read it right! The competition organised by Mars One was aimed at selecting a...
Project Abstract / Summary : Supply chain risk investigation is one of the challenging issues in recent competitive environment. In particular, supply chain risks (SCR) for new and seasonal products...