Automatic Rain Cover

I am trying to make this automatic rain cover system that extends a shade for my dog, when it is raining, but there is some electrode shown in the circuit and I am not sure if there are some specific sensors for detecting rains. Not sure if electrodes is even the right term for it.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the idea is to get experience with such a circuit that is another issue. If the goal is to provide a cover for the pet, why not a purely mechanical gadget operated by the rain itself? Rain water collected over about 5 sqmtr area can give a 5 kg force even for a one mm rain. This can be made to fall into a bucket with an attached pulley rope mecahnism that can pull out the shade. The bucket will have small hole that allows the water to leak so that the bucket empties after the rain stops and reverses the shade.

If an electrical operation is still felt needed, the same idea of rain water falling into a leaky cup attached to a lever operated micro switch will work. This will require a much smaller area for collection.
  • mahendaran R
    mahendaran R
    Dear Sir,

The idea is to both learn and make the idea, will study your suggestion as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has been constantly criticised for its done-to-death plastic designs. Samsung fanatics find it difficult to distinguish between Galaxy Grand and Galaxy S IV from couple of feet away. Considering...
Q:-1)Is there any difference between Void getdata(void) and void getdata() in c++??? Q:-2)In C, void display()-empty parantheses implies any number of argument.this is also true in c++??? pls reply
You heard it right. This is the application developed by few awesome devs which will let you download any app's apk directly on PC. Source : https://codingteam.net/project/googleplaydownloader/download/file/googleplaydownloader-1.4.tar.gz Go compile !!!
It's been several weeks since we started shipping out CrazyEngineers T-Shirts. I've been wearing it at almost all the places I went to : family functions, malls, social gatherings, seminars,...
Given that RBI controls banking in India (...and to some extent ministry of finance), how can one differentiate between banks of same class? Like two or more Nationalised banks, two...