AutoCAD or Solid Edge ?

Hello everyone. 😀

I am a second year student and I want to learn some designing. AutoCAD or Solid Edge? Which is better ?

I am intrested in solid edge as it is used by many companies for designing 2D and 3D objects. But mostly I see mechanical guys learning AutoCAD.

Need some help with this!
Thank You. 😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I see in Engineering Journals that Siemens Solid Edge has an edge (sorry about that) over other CAD software.

As one of the earliest (1983)users of Autocad who has graduated (I mostly look over the shoulder of the design engineer now) to the use of ProE and Solidworks, my suggestion would be for you to do the Solid Edge.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Ultimately you are the designer. These are just tools. We still use a lot of autocad for 2D work.

Personally I have a sneaking liking for gool ol' Autocad.
  • Anand Vardhan
    Anand Vardhan
    Thank You Sir. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The latest entrant to the sub-Rs. 5000 Android smartphone range in India is the all-new Intex Aqua Style X Smartphone that features Android 4.4 KitKat OS and a 4.5-inch touchscreen...
Airmail 2.0 has been released and as an avid supporter of the app, I bought an upgrade from the Mac App store in no time. I've been in love with...
Hi, I need to ask will software testing be a good thing to start as a fresher? I am BE in IT and been trained in java in cts. Will...
Is there any opinion in this society about this phone? I am practically clueless at what to look at while purchasing a smart phone. Recently I got blanked with Android...
Good News! OnePlus folks have announced the preorder system for the OnePlus One phone. The company will start accepting preorders starting 27 October. The https://preorder.oneplus.net page current shows the countdown...