Audi A8 Facelift 2014 Launch On August 21st - World Premiere Teaser Out

"It's time to reveal.. a new car." Indeed. If Audi's sole purpose with the latest Audi A8 teaser was to arrest our attention, it has achieved it. The new Audi A8 2014 shall debut on August 21, 2013 and not at the Frankfurt Motor Show as earlier reported. Apart from the A8, it is anticipated that Audi shall also pull the covers off its high-performance S8.

This is the tease-
Bright Lights! On August 21st we will present what is underneath this cover. Watch it live at 9 am CEST when two of our race drivers will go for a drive. Who do you want to see behind the wheel?
slide
The new Audi A8 shall feature the automaker's latest "Matrix LED" headlamps- a unique technology that muscles in 25 high beam LEDs in every unit. As per the company statement, the headlamps work in tandem with a camera, blocking light off the high beam to avoid blinding the oncoming driver. Nevertheless, the remainder area shall be highly illuminated. With zero oncoming traffic, the high beam headlamps go full power, lighting even those areas which were earlier shut off. The same LEDs act as cornering light too, i.e., before you take a turn, these lights turn a wee bit by taking data from your vehicle's navigation system, thus illuminating the approaching corner.

All set to lock horns with the BMW 7-Series and the new Mercedes Benz S-Class, the 2014 Audi A8 shall hit showrooms by end-2013.

Watch the teaser below:

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The last time I checked the car was found testing in Pune and Mumbai. The 2014 Audi A8 facelift is also expected to sport revised taillights, new bumpers and a improved upholstery for the interiors. Unable to watch the teaser right now, but I am sure it must be pretty cool.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I thought Frankfurt auto show starts on Sept 10 and ends 22nd sept.Are you sure Audi releasing it in Frankfurt?
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    CSK AUTO
    I thought Frankfurt auto show starts on Sept 10 and ends 22nd sept.Are you sure Audi releasing it in Frankfurt?
    The car was to be launched at the Frankfurt Auto Show earlier. But now the makers seem to have pre-poned A8's debut. Thank you for pointing it out #-Link-Snipped-#. Edited the same. 😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The new headlamps technology mentioned is great!It helps the oncoming driver and the lighting at the sides is also great!

But, the problem i see is not always the oncoming driver drives a Audi A8, so the highbeam effect will be there for the driver in Audi 😀

Guess what innovation should be made to overcome that? If its already there please enlighten me!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    English-Scared
    The new headlamps technology mentioned is great!It helps the oncoming driver and the lighting at the sides is also great!

But, the problem i see is not always the oncoming driver drives a Audi A8, so the highbeam effect will be there for the driver in Audi 😀

Guess what innovation should be made to overcome that? If its already there please enlighten me!
    I dont think there is any reliable source of information.I searched for it and i think BMW has antiglare coating over windscreen but again its not official.Following link has an innovative idea.check it if you are free.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice one thanks for the information, we can discuss about this in another thread!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I guess Audi is making a move towards smart driving. With a SMART Headlamp tech, Audi A8 is no more a simple car, Its a smart car. Expecting some more SMART features soon enough in other cars.
  • mani auto
    mani auto
    really nice car... i expect more features like voice security,gps..
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    mani auto
    really nice car... i expect more features like voice security,gps..

They already have GPS nowadays. Voice security is implanted in more of high end cars. You can see it in Bentley, Aston Martin. That would be a cool addition to these cars too.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The AUDI A8 has been launched. It will be arriving in UK showrooms at the beginning of next year, with prices expected to start from around £55K.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

General motors has silently reworked on its Chevrolet Captiva facelift and it had introduced it yesterday in its website buy not the price. This cute captiva was introduced in Geneva...
iBall, the Indian electronics company headquartered in Mumbai, that manufactures computer peripherals, smartphones and tablets, is here with another tablet in its iBall Slide series. With the launch of iBall...
Following is the link given by CSK auto, when we discussed about having a anti-glare glass for a car. www.google.com/patents/US4874195 Go through this discussion, https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...-world-premiere-teaser-out.70053/#post-291188 So the link number 1...
Samsung Electronics, China has today launched a new Android phone called the Samsung W789 Hennessy. This dual-screen clamshell device is the Android flip phone that everyone has been waiting for....
this is the topic related to power electronics. i want to know about operation of this device elaborately with the help of waveforms.