ATake's Dancing Water Speaker (AWD-12) Is Officially Awesome

Traditionally, speakers were meant to output audio waves and so does ATake's 2.1 speaker system. But it goes a step or two more by offering a super-cool audio-visual musical experience. What it does is makes water dance all within its glass body, perfectly in sync with the beats of the music you're playing. Watching water streams jetting out of the tiny water cannons, accompanied with colors emitted by LEDs is more amazing to watch than you'd image. That's why we've a video of the system. Check it out yourself -

Note that ATake's not the first one in the industry to offer such system, but we'd bet their rivals don't come even closer to what it offers. AWD-12 is one of the two systems Taiwan's ATake has developed and both the systems are expected to be made available by the end of this year. The system has subwoofer to handle the lower frequencies and two satellite speakers rated at 25W. The overall frequency range offered by the system is 40 Hz - 18 KHz. The subwoofer boasts of about 8 water cannons while the satellites have 6 rotating jets each.

slide

The speaker system connects to your audio device, desktop computer or laptop using a standard 3.5mm stereo output port and derives its power through USB. There's a click-wheel on the front of the sub-woofer that lets you adjust the bas and the height of the water jets. The speakers were available for demo at IFA in Berlin, Germany.

The price of the system will be $200 - $250. But if that's beyond your tiny pockets, the company's readying a single speaker system that will retail for about $60. It will use Bluetooth to pair with the audio players. The company is also deciding on a stereo 2.0 system.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    ATake's Dancing Water Speaker
    (AWD-12) - making it cool ....We have seen lots of technological advancements and earlier we noticed some transparent speaker which created massive responces.I had enjoyed music in laptops and speciall in winamp or wap where there is a option to set video on and it will show some waves on screen dancing to the tune but ATake's Dancing Water Speaker
    will enhance the experience of user to the core.It can help to reduce stress of patients.
    I doubt the success in India but what will be the lifetime of Atake speaker using rotors,water jets, etc?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Wow! 😒

This is something really awesome, listening to music and simultaneously visualizing this would surely give a nice experience.
    But would the water in these speakers effect the electrical circuits inside? I'm sure they would reduce it's lifetime.
    While person can enjoy music visually too, I doubt that this experience would not last for long.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Na water system and Electrical system will be completely isolated for sure

I am sure Atake would have used Silicone resins or other water resistant coating over their electrical wiring system That way electric and Aqua systems will be 100% isolated from each other

@#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Would love to have your opinions on how important is the office ambience for those who're working for a startup company? I'm not talking about the funded companies who've the...
Yeah, it's time to code, here give your tricky questions on Programming, and we will all try to do that. This would improve your thinking ability and refine your logic....
Here is your chance to express how addicted you are.I welcome all CEans to express how sticky you are in CE. First my turn: *I usually open fb , twitter...
So I bought a Western Digital (WD) My Passport 1TB external HDD from Flipkart and it arrived just a few moments ago. I quickly unboxed the drive and connected it...
what is the difference between project and product???.. can anybody tell main difference..