ASUS Transformer Book TX300 Price In India Is Rs. 92,000 - Worth a Buy or Worth a Sigh?

ASUSTeK Computer, the Taiwanese multi-national has brought the world's thinnest Windows 8 tablet-cum-notebook, a truly revolutionary product of its kind to the Indian market. Now launched in India, the ASUS Transformer Book TX300 at 4mm is so thin, you start loving the slick. Amidst much fanfare, Mr. Apratim Sharma, the Country Product Manager, System Business Group of Asus India launched their new product, in the presence of Shah Rukh Khan, the film star and promoter with much excitement. The 13.3-inch notebook has a full HD IPS touch panel with 1920x1080 resolution and a 178 degree viewing angle. Running over the powerful Intel Core i5 processor, the Transformer Book TX300 has separate storage for the notebook and tablet, along with a high-capacity hard drive and an ultra-fast SSD.

The keyboard dock that packages a 500 GB hard drive, two USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit LAN and a 2-cell 5000 mAh polymer battery + 2-cell 3120 mAh polymer battery of its own that promises 5 hours in tablet mode and 8 hours in notebook mode. For graphics, the device features an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 and ASUS SonicMaster audio with Bang & Olufsen ICE power for rich and detailed sound. The TX300 also features an ambient light sensor along with a backlit keyboard that helps using the notebook mode of the TX300 in low light a breeze. Asus has rated the battery life of the TX300

slide
1 3 4

For camera on the front side, there's a HD 720pixel and on the Rear side there's a 5.0-megapixel one. The user's connectivity needs are catered to by Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n). At 950 g, the Transformer Book is pretty light-weight and the company said that, "As a tablet, the 128GB SSD means apps launch instantly for a slick and seamless Windows 8 experience, while ASUS WebStorage ensures easy access to secure cloud storage when travelling far and wide. Connect Asus Transformer Book to its notebook dock and it instantly becomes a fully functional notebook with up to a 500GB hard drive."

The device's portable design has been inspired from the company’s Zenbook product, thus featuring a sleek profile and metal-based materials. The details about the pricing and availability in India are out too. The Asus Transformer Book TX300 will be available across select Asus authorised retail outlets in India starting second week of July 2013 at a price tag or Rs. 91,999. Though we feel that the price tag is too high, given the features, we think that some users might want to shell the money out. What are your views? Share with us in comments.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Surely it was a promising move by asus.I like the fact that It has a hard drive in keyboard dock and it is great to have both tablet and notebook at one go.

Should the manufacturera consider dual operating system with Wnidows 8 along with Android 4(upgraded version).?
    why it was not commercially possible and problems in dual booting.
    Is it because of ego problems with companies ?
    Will the dual booting laptops/tablets/phablets satisfy customers?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I will never spend 1 Lakh INR on this gadget.
    Chromebook will be my choice if I ever go above 80 thousand INR for a laptop.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    10" iPad / other tablets costs somewhere 40 grands (INR), and probably a Bluetooth keyboard will cost another 10 grand (that can be connected to tablet screen). Then why to spend 100 grands for this gadget.

The configuration is not top of the world as well.

I am completely in agreement with AR, I will never ever spend a lakh on this gadget.

-CB
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    *sigh*. I'll add a few more bucks and get a Macbook Air instead. Or else buy a tablet and a decent laptop and leave the rest in the bank - with that kind of money!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Instead of a lakh worth asus most will prefer apples air so this is a gadget to sigh away in my opinion but specs seem okay for a lap user
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Thing is not mere cost, With this laptop you get stucked with Windows 8. Because it is the only touch UI OS in the market at this moment.
    What if I wanna switch to Linux ? Well, sure I can, but then the detachable screen won't be worth it & thus wastage of money.
    Anyways, I don't like detachable screens & all that in laptop, laptop ought to be simple.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well we all like chocolate, but only when they are freshly taken out from the refrigerator, and present as chilled solid bars. but once they are put in warm places,...
RF module is connecting in mesh network it will be showing some issue.if one to one communction is happening well but when am placing more than two modules it getting...
GSM908 is equipped with GPSandGSm but cost is not considered as we expect,so please suggest me..
# BABEL Google & Facebook, both tried to buy the titan standalone app : Whatsapp. None were able to buyout. So, Google decided to to develop the standalone messaging service...
as we developing some power electronics concepts as we did in matlab modling we got some output but in case of pspice it getting some extra components and aproximation will...