Asus ROG GX700A Liquid-Cooled Gaming Laptop Unveiled

If you’d ask a gamer about what is the first thing they’d look at while buying a gaming laptop, you will definitely find the reply to be ‘processing and graphics capability’. It is because, that is what the games that are developed today need. With the advent of virtual reality, the boundary between reality and game is fading and in order to bring them closer, a laptop with a high processing capability is a must. That is what exactly what Asus has provided with their newly unveiled laptop.

Asus Republic Of Gamers (ROG) announced the world’s first liquid-cooled laptop meant for the purpose of gaming. The problem with most gaming laptops is that because of the excess use of processing powers, the laptops heat up quite easily. Asus ROG GX700 tackles the same problem with the help of an external detachable cooling module.

Asus_ROG_GX700

GX700 is powered by the 6th-generation Intel mobile K-SKU (‘Skylake’) processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 graphics card. The highlight of course is that if you attach the external module to it and laptop begins to overheat, the cooling module uses a pump to circulate a coolant around the components that generate heat around the ROG GX700. This coolant then goes back to the external module where two radiators help to dissipate heat.

Since the CPU performance is limited by the heating of its components, elimination of the limitation leads to overclocking of the CPU of the laptop. What it means is that the number of instructions executed per second by the processor is more than its normal capability. Asus says that because of this overclocking, the CPU performance is boosted by as high as 48%.

Asus_ROG_GX700_2

The other highlight of the device is that the laptop is also the world’s first laptop to provide the users with real 4K UHD gaming environment unlike the other laptops that deliver a 4K UHD video playback and not gameplay. Additionally, the integrated NVIDIA G-SYNC display technology minimizes the stutter rate and gives the user a smooth gaming experience.

You can check out the detailed specs of this Windows 10 laptop in the source link mentioned below. As far as availability is concerned, currently the laptop will be sold only in Taiwan and Singapore. However, there are plans to send the laptop to the US market too. The price of the laptop will be about $4300 in the Singapore and Taiwan market. Final US pricing is yet to be decided.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : In every organisation when you roam around in the campus you come across notice boards with various notices of different departments and different years regarding...
I am doing my final year project on VANET architecture and I have been going through many research articles but couldn't find anything concrete that can help me in its...
Cornell Tech and Bloomberg have collaborated to create a website called TrueRatr that can filter sarcastic reviews of apps and give interested users authentic reviews from competent users. TrueRatr was...
Project Abstract / Summary : My project is about join agriculture industry to IT sector. firstly we work in online grain merchant structure, we choose to make ITAGRO because of...
hi friends pls help for me to do best mini project pls give some ideas related to mechanical department and it may helpful for society.so pls guide me through your...