Asus Pegasus X002 Could Be The Latest Xiaomi Redmi 1S And Redmi Note Killer

Taiwanese smartphone maker Asus has launched the latest mid-range smartphone, the Pegasus X002 in China. It is strongly believed that the latest device would prove to be a tough competitor to China’s globally-famous Xiaomi Redmi 1S and Redmi Note. The pre-order has already been started and overall specs must have created another good option for consumers in China. Zenphone series from Asus is already enjoying good days and so the company would have expectations from potential buyers. The smartphone is priced at CNY 799 (approximately Rs. 8000) which makes a great deal for these specifications.

ASUS-pegasus-x002
ASUS-pegasus1 ASUS-pegasus2 ASUS-pegasus3

Pegasus X002 is powered by 64-bit 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek6732 processor. On the memory side, there’s 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage that can be expanded with available microSD card slot. The device features 5-inch screen with HD 1280x720 display. The smartphone runs Android 4.4 KitKat with impressive Asus Zen UI. There’s 8MP primary camera at the back and 5MP front camera for perfect selfie. Interesting feature of the rear camera is that it can synthesize multiple images to form an ultra-high quality 30MP image. The device supports a 25oomAh battery. Like many other devices, Pegasus X002 has 4G LTE connectivity and has a facility for dual SIM.

With impressive specs at great price, Asus Pegasus X002 can definitely compete with Xiaomi Redmi 1S that has 4.7-inch screen, 1GB RAM, quad-core processor with 8MP primary camera. If you’re looking to buy it, do check our Xiaomi Redmi 1S Review: The Best Budget Smartphone In India For Rs. 6000 to make an informed choice. You can also Xiaomi Redmi 1S & Note, Priced Rs. 6999 & Rs. 9999, Arrive In India On August 26. Though Asus has not yet announced about the launch of Pegasus X002 outside China, we expect company to launch the device in rapidly emerging markets like India.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What's with these smartphone names? Why do they use model numbers like T100 and X002? Who is going to remember that? Just plain single word names aren't good enough?
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Ankita Katdare
    What's with these smartphone names? Why do they use model numbers like T100 and X002? Who is going to remember that? Just plain single word names aren't good enough?
    Don't know about these "code-names", but name Asus is inspired from Pegasus, a winged horse from Greek mythology. Asus embodies strength, purity and adventurous spirit from this creature. Read more about it #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Awesome specs. May be its time to.change my phone!!!
  • Bhargav P A
    Bhargav P A
    Phone is almost similar to Redmi 1s but should wait and see how it performs against Snapdragon Processor inside Redmi.
  • pankajyadav025
    pankajyadav025
    They should launch it in India as soon as possible, Xiomi and Microsoft already launched their 4G smartphones in India.
    Specs are pretty much good as of now, but the competition will be tougher in coming days in the 4G smartphones segment.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    i prefer ASUS ZENFONE 😀
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ankita Katdare
    What's with these smartphone names? ...
    On a lighter note, I guess it would be easy for the Chinese (Taiwanese) to remember and pronounce. Just a guess. How many Indians have names starting with 'X' , 'Y' and 'Z'? Whereas names like 'Xing' or 'Ying' or 'Zao' are common among Chinese , I think. Perhaps they they can easily relate to such names 😀.

About the phone camera, did Azus somehow managed to develop their own technology like Nokia's 'pureview'? My simple understanding about pureview is that an algorithm somehow combines multiple pictures into one high definition picture.

Very interesting phone, indeed.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    😁 That's a rather interesting take on the naming system! Just for record's sake, even other non-Chinese companies name their products the same way. It has never stopped dazzling me. Xiaomi Redmi Note as a name is so much better than Redmi 1S.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ankita Katdare
    That's a rather interesting take on the naming system! Just for record's sake, even other non-Chinese companies name their products the same way.....
    Heh..! Look at which List Of Countries By Number Of Mobile Phones In Usehas got the biggest mobile user database. I cower with fear if major mobile makers figure out this aspect of naming mobile phones. Imagine mobile phone names like Raja-420 and Kamlee-555.

Dang, I gave away a potentially patentable idea 😭.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Thanks to the internet, Electric Cars are now anything but a novelty. With the USA and Europe rapidly embracing the eco-friendly automobiles, the technology is expected to spread to other...
Hi. I'm computer engineering student in SCS CEO, Pune. I want to organise new technical events related computer. Other than Web design, C/C++ coading, debugging. So I request you, please...
‘Life on Mars’ is always a topic of interest for scientists and space explorers across the world. This ardent curiosity has lead these people to come up with some really...
While going on adventurous outdoor sport activities, we cannot rule out the possibility of some mishap. Immediate help is of prime importance at such instances. However, in case the victim...
CDAC has announced the results of the exam C-CAT conducted on 7th and 14th December. The authorities had confirmed that the results of the exam will be announced on 24th...