ASUS Brings Joys To Both Windows 8.1 & Android Enthusiasts With Transformer Book T100 & ASUS Fonepad

The Taiwanese electronics giant has launched affordable options for both Windows 8.1 and Android fans in India just in time for Diwali. We start with the ASUS Transformer Book T100. This 10.1 inch 32-bit Windows 8.1 tablet cum laptop features a Intel Bay-Trail T Z3740 Quad Core CPU running at 1.33 GHz with 2GB LPDDR3 RAM. To keep the costs low it has not included a discrete GPU and has gone with the integrated Intel HD Graphics. To compensate for the low 32GB eMMC internal storage ASUS gives you the option of expanding the storage with a microSD card slot, USB 3.0 port on the keyboard dock and Micro-USB port on the tablet. The 10.1 inch 16:9 IPS HD (1366x768) with multi-touch screen comes with a nifty reading mode that transforms the screen into old school paper like display for comfortable reading. ASUS Transformer Book T100 has Wi-Fi, Micro HDMI, Bluetooth 4.0 and 3.5mm headphone/mic connectivity options. The tablet/laptop goes on sale from the next month for Rs. 34,099 across the country.

Book T100

The sub Rs. 20k voice calling enabled tablet offering from ASUS, the Fonepad 7 runs Android Jelly Bean 4.2 on a Intel Clover Trail Plus Z2560 Dual-Core processor clocking at 1.6GHz with 1GB of LPDDR2 RAM and SGX544MP2 GPU. The 7 inch capacitive LED backlit IPS display has a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. The Fonepad 7 has a generous 16 GB of internal memory and supports microSD cards of up to 64GB for additional storage. Photography needs are taken care with a 5MP rear and a 1.2MP front camera. While the rear one is capable of taking Full HD videos the front one will be sufficient for your video calling needs. The Fonepad 7 has Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, Micro-USB port, 3.5 mm headphone/mic jack and Micro –SIM card slot. It boasts of an impressive 3950mAh embedded battery that will give it a claimed battery life of over 10 hours. This Google Nexus 7 alternative can be yours for Rs. 17,499 starting from November.

Fonepad 7

To know more about the Transformer Book T100 & ASUS Fonepad 7 have a look at the #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• EssEmm
    EssEmm
    This Tablet is available in the US for 349 dollars only, which works out to around Rs.21,500 only. Is Asus taking Indians for a ride on Diwali occasion by charging Rs.34,099? Given the fact that the purchasing power of Indians is relatively lower than Americans, this kind of over-pricing is exploitation.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am curious to know why such a pricing from ASUS.
    We saw that the ASUS Fonepad's price in India was Rs. 16,000. See here:
    ASUS Fonepad Price In India Is INR 15,999 - It's A Phone, A Tablet And A Phablet The key to the success of these devices could have been the effective pricing.
  • EssEmm
    EssEmm
    The price of US$349/- is for the ASUS Transformer Book T100 (not Fonepad) 10.1 inch screen Windows 8.1 (covered in the first paragraph of the news). This was seen on Microsoft web site link #-Link-Snipped-#. Hence, the exorbitant price of Rs.34,099/- for Indian market needs to be explained by ASUS.
  • mubcl20
    mubcl20
    Some writers make it difficult to understand the point they’re trying to get across. You, the other hand have made your points clear, concise and interesting.

I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if this works for me Thanks and keep posting such a informative blogs.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is a great video about the Transformer T Book T100 -

Check it out and see why's everyone running?! 😲
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Finally ASUS India has put up the official product pages on their website. Learn more about ||ASUS Global & #-Link-Snipped-# from the official website.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

create own project is better or not....? or developing the existing project..?
playing video games is better to improve the stragetical knowledge as well as tactical... the improvement of video games not only for joyness also to elaborate mind with different views...
Google is joining Facebook and twitter with custom URL for profiles on its social service Google+. Twitter and Facebook already providing profile link with www.facebook/twitter.com/. But here is something special...
Lenovo has announced Yoga tablet and I think it's an amazing gadget, but I fear all the innovations Lenovo has included in it will go unnoticed. I now know why...
ZTE has today launched a set of new smartphones that run the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating system in its Blade Q range. With the unveiling of the Z...