ASUS Adds New Members To MeMO Pad, Fonepad & Transformer Pad Series At Computex 2014

ASUS added new members to its tablet line up by unveiling ASUS MeMO Pad 7 and 8 (ME176C and ME181C), ASUS MeMO Pad 8 (ME581CL), ASUS Fonepad 7 and 8 (FE375CG and FE380CG), ASUS Fonepad 8 (FE380CG) and ASUS Transformer Pad (TF103C/TF303CL) in Taipei at a press conference in Computex 2014. ASUS has added KitKat flavour to the line up and spiked up the performance with help of 64-bit Intel Atom quad-core processors. In the article we shall discuss the features that have been teased by ASUS #-Link-Snipped-#. We start with the ASUS MeMO Pad series.

ASUS MeMO Pad Series

ASUS MeMO Pad7(ME176C)

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 (ME176C) and MeMO Pad 8 (ME181C) will house 64-bit Intel Atom Z3745 quad-core processor with clock speeds of up to 1.86GHz. As you might have already guessed they have IPS panel displays of 7 and 8 inch respectively with resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. Both tablets feature 5MP rear and 2MP front snappers. Both these tablets are scheduled to be launched in mid June. Pricing information and spec sheet are still awaited.

ASUS MeMO Pad8(ME181C)

The ASUS MeMO Pad 8 (ME581CL) is being touted by the company as the world’s lightest 8-inch tablet that features LTE connectivity. The tablet tips the scales at 299 grams and houses a slightly more powerful 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 quad-core processor. Its 8-inch IPS display has a Full HD (1920 x 1200 pixels) resolution, features ASUS’s proprietary display technologies like ASUS Splendid and TrueVivid colour enhancement and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The ASUS MeMO Pad 8 (ME581CL) will have connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC. Pricing, spec sheet and availability information are awaited.

ASUS Fonepad Series

ASUS Fonepad 7(FE375CG)

The new member of the Fonepad family, the Asus Fonepad 7 and 8 (FE375CG and FE380CG) are Dual-SIM enabled voice calling tablets with 3G connectivity options. They are both powered by a 1.8GHz quad-core processor. Both the tablets also feature 1280 x 800 IPS displays and ASUS SonicMaster audio with dual front speakers. Like the MeMO Pad they have a 5MP rear and 2 MP front snapper. Pricing and availability information will be disclosed at a later date.

ASUS Transformer Pad

Transformer Pad(TF103C)_06

Two new models of the ASUS Transformer Pad (TF103C/TF303CL) will house the same 1.86GHz Intel Atom Z3745 processor found on the above models and feature a mobile keyboard dock with a new hidden hinge design. The redesigned keyboard features ergonomic chiclet keys and one-touch function keys for common tasks like delete or screen grab. The TF103C has a HD (1280 x 800 pixels) resolution display and features connectivity options like dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and GPS and GLONASS navigation sensors. Its bigger brother Transformer Pad TF103CL has Full HD 1920 x 1200 IPS display and LTE Cat 4, HDMI and Miracast connectivity options.

Transformer Pad(TF303CL)_06

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I'm in love with the Asus build quality. Anyone who can't afford an Apple should definitely try Asus in my opinion. If I had a choice, I'd sell my no-so-rough-usable-Vaio for an Asus. Even their Tablets look and feel solid.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung seems to be quite determined to push its home grown operating system across all its devices. After rooting Tizen on its smartwatches with an update and announcing its first...
I'm an engineer working in transportation. In my previous life, I worked as a software developer. So, when I started working as an engineer, I started writing an application largely...
Abstract The purpose of this project is to modernize the civil/structural consulting engineering profession and increase the efficiency and proficiency of the work-load for both the consultants and the contractors...
A few days ago, new stable iteration of Google Chrome 35 and Chromium 35 was released that included many new features such as migration from GTK +2 to AURA, App-Launcher...
How to take part in discussion and more importantly some introduction please