Aston Martin Rapide S Launched In India. Price, Specs and Features Listed

Aston Martin Rapide S has been launched in India, and this luxury car shall be replacing Aston Martin Rapid in global circuits. There's a reason why. This four-doored car is technically superior than the current Rapid in all aspects, and boasts several robust features. The Rapid featured a 6.0-litre V12 engine delivering 470 bhp power with 600 Nm of maximum torque, and achieved 0-100 kmph in 5 seconds. The maximum speed registered was 295 kmph. With Rapid S, however, the power, speed and torque figures got boosted, while the engine remained the same. Fueling the demands of luxury cars in India, this creation is aimed at the upper segment of the society, and shall be competing against the likes of Bentley, Jaguar, Ferrari and Porsche.

Aston Martin Rapide S

Aston Martin Rapide S is equipped with a 6.0-litre V12 engine, delivering 558 bhp power and a peak torque of 620 Nm. The car races from 0-100 kmph in 4.9 seconds, maintaining its top speed at 306 kmph. This boost in power was a result of the modified chassis, which is made slender by using aluminum and magnesium. The interiors feature comfortable leather seats, electric consoles on the dashboard, and also heated front/rear seats are provided. Also offered are options of magnesium silver rear lamps infills, carbon exterior pack, carbon interior pack and matching wood door trims are provided, as per the customers' demands. For safety, airbags have been included in the car.

Aston Martin Rapide S has a newly developed suspension system and has three modes to offer: normal, sports and track mode. The brake quality is bettered with Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). The 20-inch alloy wheels beautifully compliment the look of the car, and though the length of the Rapide S is slightly elongated, the wheelbase is the same as in the earlier version.

All these features come heavy on the wallet with Rs 4.4 crore (ex-showroom price). The company claims to have sold 55 units of Aston Martin Rapide S already.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HTC has launched a new smartphone in its Desire range of phones with HTC Desire 400. HTC - the major smartphone brand from Taiwan quietly released the Desire 400 smartphone...
I've been following the race to the top among various mobile messaging apps like WhatsApp, SnapChat, Viber and others. WhatsApp, which continues to have the most basic set of features...
Samsung GamePad price in India is Rs. 4,999. The mobile gaming aficionados spread across the nation will be able to lay their hands on the gamepad by the end of...
Hi I got 1353 rank in Section A + B. I am only interested Banglore CDAC. what are my chance to get in CDAC Bangalore {Knowledge parK and CDAC electronics...
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) has brought two of its leading and renowned high-end motorcycles in India with Kawasaki Z1000 and Kawasaki Ninja 1000. In a move to expand its presence...